Planted tank LED lighting

larryl

Clown Fish
Hi -

I'm running two 36" Current USA True Lumen Pro strips over a 36" wide planted tank (50 breeder). They are starting to fail so I need replacements soon, but I can't find the 8000K versions any more. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good replacement that would put out an equivalent amount of light? I've been looking at the different Finnex lights, but it's hard to tell how they would compare intensity-wise. I don't really need any fancy 24/7 programming, would just like something I can run off a timer, ideally with a way to adjust the color balance and intensity.

Thanks!
Larry

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I know we have a few reefers here that use the finnex lights for their planted tanks and they swear by them, @sethsoloman uses them I believe, perhaps he can give some insight into them

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 Yah the Finnex Planted+ led fixtures are awesome! I use them on the refugiums for ym reefs and on my new QT system. They put out 90 par on the sandbed of a 20g long. So it will grow baby tears on a tank up to 18" deep probability.

Here is a pic of the QT system:

larryl

Clown Fish
Cool, thanks SynDen and sethsolomon. I'd want the regular Planted+, not the FugeRay Planted+, right? I see a non-24/7 version of the Planted+ on the Finnex web site, but it does not look like anyone carries it online, I only see the 24/7 version...

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
larryl;n666911 said:
Cool, thanks SynDen and sethsolomon. I'd want the regular Planted+, not the FugeRay Planted+, right? I see a non-24/7 version of the Planted+ on the Finnex web site, but it does not look like anyone carries it online, I only see the 24/7 version...
They sunsetted the regular planted+. I use the Planted+ 24/7's . Don't get the FugeRay. they are a much lower quality product.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I have a used planted 24/7 for sale if you are interested.