Reefstock

Awesome seeing everyone huge shout to @rmougey for allowing me the opportunity to help out. Anyone get any awesome scores?

Got some really nice acans
Pictures to come soon.

Post all your grabs in this thread lets see those awesome corals and scores.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Got too many to count lol.
Ended up with one of the Dragon soul colonies from the auction, and also picked up a Trachy, a scoly, a baby crocea clam, 4 or 5 different favias, a couple acans, some zoas and 2 unknown corals. Ill try and get some pics once the lights are all on

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Our tank is starting to fill up so we kept it simple this year. We got a nice piece of wall hammer, a clam, and some gorgonians. We also got the GC for Aquatic Art in the auction. I’m glad Rob was able to out together a great silent auction for Reef and we were able to support them!

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It was good to catch up with some people for sure. Honnestly it was a great show but made me realize how lucky we are. How awesome our local vendors (aquatic art for me) are and how much they spoil us with quality pieces at unbelievable prices. I ended up with a og holy grail torch, Malaysian gold torch, cotton candy torch and ultra firefly torch out of reefstock this year. I bid up a few pieces in the auctions to make sure they went over face value

Visualsnow

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did pick up some interesting corals. After talking to multiple vendors and volunteering, you realize the hobby shows have really suffered to some extent because of the rise of online sales. Maybe I am just picky when it comes to finding interesting things, but there was a lot of coral there that I had felt I had seen before. Usually, my reasoning for going to shows is to find things I *haven't* seen before, or seen in a very long time, and so I did end up taking some nice pieces home that I had never seen before in the hobby. This included a specific type of Anthelia, a specific type of what I think is green Alveopora, Halymenia Stipitata, some solid green zoanthus that have the shape and appearance of magicians but are solid green, and a few acropora, and a red with gold tip cycloseris.

Overall I enjoyed the show and I felt it was larger than last year, but also, seeing what people are growing out and selling made me come to appreciate what I already have quite a bit more than prior to the show. The next step for me as far as finding unique things that I enjoy is probably going to involve travelling to more shows and networking with people, and buying a lot less coral, spending more time finding them in the first place.

I think that's actually pretty enjoyable, like a scavenger hunt.

Last edited:

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It was good to catch up with some people for sure. Honnestly it was a great show but made me realize how lucky we are. How awesome our local vendors (aquatic art for me) are and how much they spoil us with quality pieces at unbelievable prices. I ended up with a og holy grail torch, Malaysian gold torch, cotton candy torch and ultra firefly torch out of reefstock this year. I bid up a few pieces in the auctions to make sure they went over face value
IMG_6268.jpeg IMG_6269.jpeg IMG_6270.jpeg IMG_6271.jpeg IMG_6268.jpeg

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Totally agree with Craig, it was great to catch up with some folks I haven’t seen in years in some cases.

Here are the acans few things that are similar but differ in color during solid blues. These shots had white light at its peak. Also traded some stuff with @IUFan and was able to get him some of @Dr.DiSilicate acros again thanks for letting me snag some pieces for him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Got a few pics

Green/pink torch
PXL_20240305_200623674.jpg
Baby Crocea
PXL_20240305_200614280.jpg

Splatter hammer
PXL_20240305_200557262.jpg

Halloween Lepto (Black and orange), random zoa PXL_20240305_200539104.jpg

Favia of the Gods
PXL_20240305_200525786.jpg

Yellow and blue echinata, forgot the name
PXL_20240305_200509891.jpg

Rainbow Acan
PXL_20240305_200505185.jpg

No idea what this one is. My daughter picked it out. its very deep dark red. Any ideas what it is?
PXL_20240305_200458619.jpg

Rainbow Favite that I forgot the name again. Really should write these down lol
PXL_20240305_200446176.jpg

No idea what this easier. Looking at the pic I am thinking some cyphatrea but not sure. Thoughts?
PXL_20240305_200427667.jpg

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Scorpion king favia
PXL_20240305_200420284.jpg

Nice green/pink/yellow trachy
PXL_20240305_200353823.jpg

The Dragon soul favia I got from the silent auction
PXL_20240305_200345002.jpg

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Thanks. I was thinking it was a Porites but wasn't sure.

@Visualsnow Good haul. I see you also picked up some of the Dragon tongue macro from Hong. I like it. I just hope my caulerpa does over run it and kill it off. Would be a good one to see grow out to a large plant

Last edited:

Visualsnow

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks. I was thinking it was a Porites but wasn't sure.

@Visualsnow Good haul. I see you also picked up some of the Dragon tongue macro from Hong. I like it. I just hope my caulerpa does over run it and kill it off. Would be a good one to see grow out to a large plant
Yeah Hong had a lot of neat stuff. The alveopora was also from him as well as a really interesting Anthelia but I need to move the Anthelia -- It appears to be in too much flow right now so I didn't take a photo.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Easiest growing Alveopora there is and if I remember the coral right I think the Anthelia is actually Cespitularia if it is the same one I was looking at

Visualsnow

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Easiest growing Alveopora there is and if I remember the coral right I think the Anthelia is actually Cespitularia if it is the same one I was looking at
I really gotta pick up the 3 piece reef books that Julian had out. I should have bought them immediately, but I waddled.