Remove nem from rock

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
You can try to move the rock around. And the anemone e may move on its own.

I have heard, never tried, to point a powerheads at it so it moves.

Move the rock to the larger tank and it might move if it unhappy.

Sorry that's all the help I am.

Ask and you may find out, don't ask and you will never know.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Why not just move the entire rock into the 210 and see if the nem will move on its own? If it does then you can put the rock back in the BC, if not then swap another rock into the BC. Probably the least amount of stress on the nem.

I have used the power head method before worked fine but if needed to move faster I have used a turkey baster to gently shoot water into the crevice where the foot is

Carter

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Get an air pump and cut the end of the line at a 45 degree angle. Turn in the pump and start using the angled hose to pry under the foot if possible. The bubbles agitate it under its foot aand it will want to release. I have had this work every time within 5 to 10 minutes. It may be harder for you because of its foot being in the rock I would give it a try it I were you!

zinovate

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I visited Scott Chase a few weeks ago and he said that leaving them out of the water for 20 minutes (if you can) will trigger them to release. (I have no validation personally)

Don't ever do that man. Silly question, is it happy? Doing well and healthy? Why not just leave it alone? I have had a huge gigantea in my 30 gallon going on 8 years now. The pic you took, it looks good where it is.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

zinovate;658680 said:
I visited Scott Chase a few weeks ago and he said that leaving them out of the water for 20 minutes (if you can) will trigger them to release. (I have no validation personally)
Just put the whole rock in your big tank. Or is where it is cause it is happy. On this issue; Wild nems live out of water during tidal flows, ours are usually tank raised and not equipped to take the stress it would go through. I've NEVER heard of that method before and probably for good reason. It would move cause it is struggling to live more than likely. Good luck. Let us know.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
timnem70;n658693 said:
Don't ever do that man. Silly question, is it happy? Doing well and healthy? Why not just leave it alone? I have had a huge gigantea in my 30 gallon going on 8 years now. The pic you took, it looks good where it is.

Been doing it that way for decades, never had a problem or lost one that way yet.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yep just like Scott does, I just pull the rock let it hang upside over a bucket and with in 15 mins the nems usually drop right off. Also for stubborn, stubborn nems I have used frozen butter knives and ice cubes to get the foot to release. So......can you pull the rock and then put it back :)