SALT??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;143187 said:
Do people do this? I don't think I've ever done this haha, but then again I'm terrible with water changes!
i used to do it with reef crystals ....as the buckets get old some things settle and can cause some serious issues in some cases

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crazy! I remember someone briefly mentioning it when I first started but I've never seen anyone do it or heard much of anyone doing it either lol

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
A member in SCMAS lost his tank with a water change that came from the salt in the bottom of a bucket. He found the mag levels had spiked and he couldn't create enough new salt water fast enough to save the tank.

Think of the sand in your aquarium, smaller stuff always settles to the bottom and larger stuff comes to the top. Probably same thing happens with salt although I have no idea what rises and what falls. Apparently magnesium settles from what previous poster stated.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Weird, seems like it may be an anomoly? I've never done it and have never had problems and a lot the people I know don't do it? That's crazy though.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
kmellon;143205 said:
A member in SCMAS lost his tank with a water change that came from the salt in the bottom of a bucket. He found the mag levels had spiked and he couldn't create enough new salt water fast enough to save the tank.
Sounded tragic! I purchased his tank, he is working on a new tank. Never heard of this before my conversation with him.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am looking for a few buckets of salt or to split a barrell. Did you guys do this GB or Does anyone know of a good deal going around town for salt?

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ended up purchasing a barrel of salt, should be here soon. if you want to order one talk to bout it i think the price was 320 for a barrel and that makes 1050gal.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
keys is now selling it by the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.