Supplemental LED strip recommendation?

I have the Aquatic Life 48" 6 bulb T5 with Lunar Lights and I'm looking for a supplemental LED strip to mount onto this fixture. I'll probably go with white lights because I'll be running 4 ATI Blue plus bulbs so I'll have enough blue. I just want a little stronger light, and don't want to go full LED's yet, or switch to MH. This is what I have
View attachment 7479
and this is what I was thinking of.

View attachment 7480

Any other better ideas? Under $200 perhaps. I know Elite Reef sells something made locally (strip light), does anyone know who makes those, or has anyone tried those yet? Anything else?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Those were the same LEDs I had on my 72 and they are very bright. Awesome lights, thin and can mount them easily. You can link 2 of them off one power supply as well. Just order the link cable with them. You can angle them as well once mounted.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've seen those strips before but i can't remember the brand. Bumblebee, how many of these did you have on your 72 and were they your primary light source?

The ones I posted are TrueLumen Pro LED strips by Current USA. It's my understanding that most people use them as supplementary or accent lighting, or for the "shimmering effect". Per the manufacturer you would need 3-5 strips to use as a primary light source. Do the Reef Brights that Gonzo can order come in 48" strips?

[h=3][/h]

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had 2 and no I was using vho bulbs as primary.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I actually bought he LEDs from bumblebbe that he is talking about and Ive used them as supplimental lighting for my Mh set up. They look great, I have no complaints.

Thanks, good to know because those were my first choice. I want to mount them to the existing light fixture and be able to angle them into the center of the tank. What colors are yours?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
daveydoodle said:
Thanks, good to know because those were my first choice. I want to mount them to the existing light fixture and be able to angle them into the center of the tank. What colors are yours?
Yepp you can angle them. They were combo blue and white 50/50

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Mine are 3:1 i believe. I needed more white as I was running 20K MH and actinics, mounted them right to the fixture just like your talking about.

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I've got some 30" 45 watt units in stock all white they are powerful and would whiten it up for sure. I got white in 12" too that would attach to a fixture easilly too

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are those on your website? I see your evo slim, but i can't tell if the mounting brackets all you to pivot the strip.