1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Syn's 850g.t.v Deep Brain system

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by SynDen, Feb 17, 2015.

1. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

no he has eaten the egg clutches twice now. Pajamas have also started breeding but also have been eating the clutches so far. One of these days they wont eat them Im sure

2. McFish

McFish Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Saw the tank the other day, it's dope. Super dope.

scmountain and SynDen like this.
  3. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Thanks, glad you could come in and see it this time. I of course am always happy to show it off hehe :D

4. SynDen

Finally got back my first ICP test and looks like I need to start some dosing on a few things, namely iron, cobalt, iodine, chromium, manganese, vanadium and zinc. I have recipes for making solutions for these, so time order some of the ingredients and get them mixed up. Only need a very small increase on each of those, so shouldnt be to hard, and this also confirmed that my saliferts are be right on, especially with MG. I have known for a while my MG was way to high, and I actually removed all the re-mag from my calcium reactor as a result. Hopefully by the time I retest it will drop to more reasonable levels.
    I also tested my RO water and happy to report everything came out as perfect zeros.

tanknumbers001.JPG

scmountain likes this.
  5. SynDen

Finally got my 3d printer up and running again. Took a bunch of upgrades to get it to print decent again. So first thing I printed was a tube design I had been working on for my Neptune AFS. I actually bought the AFS at the Denver Macna many years agao, and finally took it out of the box and put it to work. Tube is simple enough and made to fit through the hole in my lids. Works great so far. Will likely refine the design a bit and then reprint it in PETG instead of PLA as the PETG will last longer. I will likely also make a few designs to fit over different kinds of tanks, like a standard and euro braced tanks too.
    IMG_20210627_102537.jpg IMG_20210627_102546.jpg IMG_20210627_102554.jpg

Angelo, Scooter Reef and JodiI like this.
  6. SynDen

Finally got the prototypes for my flow nozzles done. Been working on these for a while before the printer broke down. Finally its printing great and I was able to finish the prototypes. These are printed in multiple pieces and then each piece snaps together, and will go on my closed loop returns, as well as the main return. I made multiple different outlets on them to suit different placements in the tank. These are currently printed in PLA, which isnt very durable overall, so now the next step will be to print them in PETG which is more durable and food safe.

IMG_20210714_083021.jpg

Spieg likes this.
  7. SeaMonkey

SeaMonkey Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Looking great! 3d printers are so useful. What brand PETG have you been using?

8. SynDen

Currently using Hatchbox and MatterHackers filaments

9. SeaMonkey

SeaMonkey Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I like Hatchbox. Haven't tried MatterHackers Might need to look into it. Thanks!

SynDen likes this.