Tank of the month?

dracus

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
You should add a subforum named something like "Tank Photos" and encourage everyone to post photos of their tanks, and then choose TOTM winners from those. I don't see a dedicated forum for photos right now, and it looks like photos get spread around between General Discussion and a few others.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
dracus;n643484 said:
You should add a subforum named something like "Tank Photos" and encourage everyone to post photos of their tanks, and then choose TOTM winners from those. I don't see a dedicated forum for photos right now, and it looks like photos get spread around between General Discussion and a few others.
We do have a FTS - Full Tank Shot Thread here http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/reefkeeping/general-reefkeeping-discussion/1194-fts-s

Would it be more helpful you think to have it in the Tank Build Section as a Sticky?

dracus

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;n643592 said:
We do have a FTS - Full Tank Shot Thread here http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/reefkeeping/general-reefkeeping-discussion/1194-fts-s

Would it be more helpful you think to have it in the Tank Build Section as a Sticky?
Ah yeah I forgot about that thread. Yeah, a sticky might help. I bet you'd get a lot more people uploading photos if there was a dedicated forum for it, though. I'd definitely start a thread for my tank and update it with photos as it progresses.

Roscoe

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Figured I could share this here. My 210 build. Just got the tank on top of the stand this weekend got the plumbing done the lights hanging. Want to mount them on the tank though. Thanks to Miah2bzy for giving a better perspective on going without the hood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diddle822

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
What was the perspective for running without hood? I'm currently running without a hood and love it. Getting ready to buy the netting for the top my only issue is that I have a bow front so don't know how to cover the curve yet

NickP

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Diddle822;n675069 said:
What was the perspective for running without hood? I'm currently running without a hood and love it. Getting ready to buy the netting for the top my only issue is that I have a bow front so don't know how to cover the curve yet
There is a company that will build u a beautiful acrylic lid to fit perfectly but they are not cheap. Bought one for my son's tank. Top notch! If your interested text me and ill dig up the name of the business. Look to pay 150-250 for it

Roscoe

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Diddle822;n675069 said:
The hood that came with the tank wouldn't fit. But I am running a floating hood now

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Diddle822;675115 said:
That is cool Dr.Silicate. what do you cover the water with? The plastic mesh or egg crate?
Clear plastic mesh from BRS and window screen edging from lowes.

Sits nicely on my eurobrace or would work great over a tank with trim. It does have a 5 foot span so kinda sags in the middle after several years. I should make a new one... Are you trying to cover a bowfront? Not sure if this will work for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
And I'd love a tank of the month or quarter thread. What about nano tanks one quarter, medium or regular size (40-179) the next and large the following and then another topic the next (maybe build thread).... maybe quarterly would be better for us than monthly. Also the size separation would be nice to see a large variety of tanks entered. I look at it as motivation to post, keep up on maintenance and a great way to see more tanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diddle822

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I'm trying to do a bow front. I think I'll do the mesh with the holders for the square part and maybe just do egg crate to cover the bow part