Tunze Stream 3 or Stream 6105

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I was also thinking about using an oscillating fan mechanism to accomplish the rotation.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
the oscillating fan wont work either since they are low torque and wont rotate under pressure. The security camera version, has the same problem, and amplified by the fact that the pump is on an extended arm. The longer the arm, the more push back it will exert on the pipe and motor. You can counter that with a higher torque motor and stronger pipe for the arm.

I think you could still do it for around 70-$100 though. Just need to order a high toque low rpm motor, a housing box, some sch80 pipe (likely 1.5-2") a cam and a rotator arm. Its the same concept for the sea swirls I'm building except yours isnt plumbed it just has a power head attached instead. http://marinecolorado.org/threads/diy-sea-swirls.26556/ I listed out some possible parts in the thread.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I actually found a bunch of the parts similar to what Angel listed in his post on Amazon for reasonable prices with good reviews.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Might still try the diy project at some point but I am just going to throw several older powerheads at the problem and hope for the best.