Vortech alternative...

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks pretty cool! I think, for me at least, that one of the appealing things on the Vortech is that the part that goes I to the tank isnt very obtrusive. It was always a pain trying to hide the body of a Koralia, but the Vortech was cake. But they are SUPER expensive haha!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have had good luck with Sieo pumps in the past. These look like a good option for wave action if they prove reliable. The downsides are tank footprint and cords inside the display making covering the tank more difficult. However, they are going to be a fraction of the price of a vortech. Maybe some other companies will join in and they will have to lower the price. Lol

TheSkipper

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any idea when they will be available? I am in the market for one now. I will purchase one and report back if they are coming out soon.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke said:
I have had good luck with Sieo pumps in the past. These look like a good option for wave action if they prove reliable. The downsides are tank footprint and cords inside the display making covering the tank more difficult. However, they are going to be a fraction of the price of a vortech. Maybe some other companies will join in and they will have to lower the price. Lol
Maybe you can make some covers, I'm thinking a frag rack surrounding the pump, for them.

Sent using Forum Runner

Looks pretty awesome, however:

A well built aquarium using thicker than normal glass is required. Minimum thickness of 5/8in
must be used for aquarium size: 48 x 18 x 24
(in). The use of thinner glass or a poorly made
aquarium will result in leaks or panel separation.
. To avoid risk of leakage, the minimum water level must be 3.9 in (10cm) from the
aquarium’s top edge.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
rockys_pride;179955 said:
Maybe you can make some covers, I'm thinking a frag rack surrounding the pump, for them.

Sent using Forum Runner
I'll look into it when they come out. Good idea.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only thing with building something around it, is then do you really want whatever you build to be just as intrusive? I DO like the fact that pretty much every other product is like 1/2 the cost of the vortech haha. I'd be interested to see someone integrate it into the tank though, that'd be pretty cool!