Watchman goby getting bullied

ianryd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
My yellow watchman goby made a retreat to my overflow. I caught him today, put him back in the tank and saw that my tailspot blenny is bullying him. This is new behavior for the tailspot, they have lived in the tank together for 6 months as well as before that in my old 75 gal. I caught him again and put him in the sump so he is safe. My only other tank is a 20g BB with a pair of percula clowns and a citron goby. Would he be ok in that tank with no sand? Think those fish would leave him alone? If not I might put him up for sale

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
He would be fine in the 20g I think, those fish wouldn't bother him, although maybe better if it had some sand.

ianryd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Could it possibly be a territory issue? Did one move in on the others turf?
Well the YWG setup his cave first under a large rock, then the TSB found a hole in a rock like 6 inches away and called it home. I only noticed the bullying when I put YWG back in the tank after he was stuck in the overflow. TSB would come out of his hole at the bottom of the tank to chase and attack him while he was swimming at the top of the tank, sometimes even on the opposite side of the tank. His bottom fin was a little torn by the end of the day so I pulled him out and put him in the sump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app