What ph is to high

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so I have been dosing kalkwasser via a kalk stirrer and with recent nice weather all my windows have been open. I am starting to hit ph ranges of 8.41 and my lows have been creeping up which causes my daytime highs to be elevated. Ph probe was just check for accuracy using one calibration packet so I know my readings are fairly accurate.

So what ph is to high? Will 8.5 hurt anything?

I can always adjust my 2 part or reduce the amount of kalkwasser as needed. Just wanted to ask before it is a problem.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Nope 8.5 is great, wish mine was that high.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
You would be hard pressed to get it to high but anything under 8.6 is fine.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Excellent at least I have a number to watch for. Really digging the kalk stirrer it has been a great addition to my aquariums

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

quackenbush

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think "consistency" can be overdone - temperature for example... but pH is one of those things that it seems really important to keep as consistent as possible. I thought those CO2 scrubbers for the skimmer were a great idea, but with media blowing out every week or so... that's just too much work in terms of regular maintenance for a lazy ass like me. I know we aren't necessarily talking CO2 scrubbers, but my point is that consistency is important.