WP 40's or 60's or RW20s?

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Couple interesting highlights from then Jabao spec page. The multi pump sync is pretty cool and they have a night sensor on the RW series. I am assuming the gallon rating is for 1 pump,

JebaoWireless Wavemaker

RW4,RW8, RW15 and RW20

*****In the multiple pumps condition.* each RW pump has a wired controller.*You can set one controller as the master and all the others (up to 8)as* slave.* You can use the master controller to control all the slave controllers wireless.* The wireless does*not*mean you can control* the pump wireless

Specifications:
1.*Appropriate Tank Size Range: 30 to 300+ gallons

2. Flow rate:*

WP10/RW4*530GPH to 1000GPH 10-30 gallons
WP25/RW8 800GPH to 2000GPH 30-60 gallons
WP40/RW15*900GPH to 3400GPH 60-150 gallons
WP60/RW20*2600GPH to 5300GPH 150-300+ gallons

8. Night Mode (sensor) function: Yes

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Mermaid Gardens;347083 said:
I have a Jabao WP 25 (I think) on my 75 and some ancient fixed rate pump about the same opposite. Over a year old and still running... Can get 2 wp60's for $106 and 2 RW15 for 160 and rw20 180. Have to look up the ecodrift and see what they are. My 180 is full, holding water after fixing my bulkhead fittings, and cycling. I will let you know what I order and how they work. Thanks for the thoughts.
The 60s will create a vortex and suck up sand and suck down air on a 24"x24" tank even at the slowest speed setting. I had 1 on my tank and went back to the 40s. Fwiw I would go with the rw15. Also to say ecodrift will outlast jebao is obsurd seeing as we don't have a mass of people buying them over the past 2-3 years to give reliable data on the pumps. Also the rw pumps are completely redesigned pump heads that supposidly fixed the issues of stalling on the WP pumps. The original wp pumps were not reliable under 50% so anytime it would pulse for wave etc, it slowly ruins the pump. The new rw pumps are made to run down to 10%.

I've had stalling issues below 20% on my RW20. When I set up my Apex to control the pump, anytime I set a speed lower than or equal to 20% the Apex would say it is running, but the propeller wasn't spinning.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
19TheSaint75;347099 said:
I've had stalling issues below 20% on my RW20. When I set up my Apex to control the pump, anytime I set a speed lower than or equal to 20% the Apex would say it is running, but the propeller wasn't spinning.
Interesting so 20% it is, the specs say 10%. actually this makes sense since Apex says they are not reliable under 1v and the jebao is a 0-5v so that means each 20% is 1v. My led lights on the apex use the 0-10v and at below 10% they just shut off even though my drivers can handle 0.1v

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone see the rw15's at any LFS's?

WP 40's or 60's or RW20s?

Something to keep in mind when buying pumps is where the pump is manufactured. While Ecotech products are higher in price, they are made in America by American workers. I have used both jebao and VorTech. Jebao is a low quality pump that can die within 3 months without any warranty. I've had 3 jebao' die within three months between pumps and power heads. I am partial to American made products for quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good point @StoneAuquatics

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
StoneAquatics;347220 said:
Something to keep in mind when buying pumps is where the pump is manufactured. While Ecotech products are higher in price, they are made in America by American workers. I have used both jebao and VorTech. Jebao is a low quality pump that can die within 3 months without any warranty. I've had 3 jebao' die within three months between pumps and power heads. I am partial to American made products for quality.
Interesting, I have always had a 1 year warranty from a us seller and have never had any problems with replacements.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any thoughts or experience with the Hydor Koralia's and their controller?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you have an apex? If so, I would hold off and wait for the WAV to release.

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have 2 rw15s on my 210 and a wp25 on the back and it provides more than enough. Have to direct them correctly or they will kick up a bunch of sand as well. Good pump. Have had mine for 6 or so months.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

Got my RW-15's today. So far I like them. Reading the Chinenglish was very amusing, but simple enough to figure out. Not huge but move ALOT of water. Have them pulsing at 50% 16" off the bottom synced on opposite sides facing straight toward each other. They are moving sand and making waves on top! Sync and night sensors seem to work well.