WP40

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I've had the Jabo WP40 installed a few days and I like the controler features of it. I have it plugged into an Apex outlet, and here is my programing:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Time 21:00 to 09:00 Then OFF (my other pumps have a night mode in the profiles. I took out the light sensor in the WP40 controler since it's too sensitive for my lighting conditions and shuts down at about 7pm)
If FeedA 005 Then OFF (so I don't have to push more than one feed button)
If Outlet v_OVERFLOW!! = ON Then OFF

I was going to try and work this pump into my profiles, but think at this point I'll leave it as is.

I've been playing with the modes, and like the W2. Else is annoying with the whining noise. Read they get quieter with a few weeks of use; not much louder than my Tunze 6095's but just a higher pitch - so it's something I'm not use to.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Funny you mention the whining noise. I have both of mine on Else and I cannot hear a single thing. although I do have my MP40's going which are much louder, so maybe I just cant hear it.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like the w2 also. Although I have to have it turned all the way down so it doesn't blow water waves clean over the top. the else seems to have a weird sound, my wife kept waking up thinking someone's phone kept buzzing. I think I had it to close to the top.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Anyone else have any feedback on these things yet? Is everyone super happy with them?

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
WP40

I put one in the 125 it was pretty wicked. I am going to run two and my mp40 on the back of the 215.I am expecting I will have to turn them way down.

WP40

I love mine, makes a huge wave in my 180. I was able to remove 2 k4's and a mp40 and have more flow now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
WP40

I love mine. Took down 3 power heads and my mp40 to clean and haven't even put it back up yet. Very quiet too. I ordered 2 more on the group buy besides the one I had on the way already. Didn't even need them on my 240 cube

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
Mines perfect for my 70gallon. Doesnt make a noise either, i also love the feed mode. I just worry cause when i turn feed mode on my neon goby goes in it and cleans, hope he isnt butchered one day

So I got my wp40 from the group buy at the beginning of the year and its been running non stop since, I am starting to think its not as powerful as when I first got it. Anyone else who got there's around that time think that they have lost power in this short time ??

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just went over and turned it up and the water started going crazy. Still working the same as when I got it.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
freedominco;264886 said:
So I got my wp40 from the group buy at the beginning of the year and its been running non stop since, I am starting to think its not as powerful as when I first got it. Anyone else who got there's around that time think that they have lost power in this short time ??

If you feel yours has ill gladly buy it off ya so you can get $ and buy an mp40 that won't get weak. Lol

freedominco;264886 said:

The slots in the shell are cut really close together. I noticed on mine that it gets gunked up pretty easy. It may just need a good cleaning in vinegar.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I got 2 of them recently to run on my 180, was told to run 2 on low power becuase of my overflow set up. I only ended up needing one and am loving it thus far. I also really like the w2 setting, at about 1/2 seems to be doing great for me. Its only been on the tank for a couple days and I can already tell my corals are liking the wave flow alot better. Adding the WP40 allowed me to remove 3 koraillas from the tank. Happy thus far.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;265195 said:
I got 2 of them recently to run on my 180, was told to run 2 on low power becuase of my overflow set up. I only ended up needing one and am loving it thus far. I also really like the w2 setting, at about 1/2 seems to be doing great for me. Its only been on the tank for a couple days and I can already tell my corals are liking the wave flow alot better. Adding the WP40 allowed me to remove 3 koraillas from the tank. Happy thus far.
Let me know if you end up getting rid of your other wp40

PlumCrazy;265167 said:
If you feel yours has ill gladly buy it off ya so you can get $ and buy an mp40 that won't get weak. Lol
I already have a mp40 that has its own problems, but it was cheaper to get a wp40 instead of the parts for the mp40 to fix it.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Craigar;265199 said:
Let me know if you end up getting rid of your other wp40
I like this thing so much IM gonna hold onto the extra one in case I need a back up, or set up another tank down the road ;)

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got two about 6 months ago and not a single problem. The wave acfion and random flow are on par with a vortech (minus integration features with apex). If you get one, get it from fish street. Most of the other vendors wont support warranty claims, but this place will send a brand new pump if yours fails in the first year if you send them a video and pay for shipping.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
I get mine from Bush at Coral Xpressions because if.I have any issues he always takes care of.it. great to.do.business with

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk Pro