• 20-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sure, room for more! Got ya on the list, watch page 1 and the thread in general for updates!

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also, for everyone else, look at the suggested Schedule on page 1, tell me where you intend on picking it up. Once the day and times are finalized, I'd like to have a status for each person, if paid and where they are picking up from, to make things smooth as possible. We're at 30 people so I need to be as efficient as possible.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
In talking with a few people I want to really clarify the final scoring, I'm hoping we get a clear cut winner, and hope to avoid all drama. So, I propose we count heads with faces and skirts, and only use baby heads to break ties if there's a full head tie. You get no advantage for starting with baby heads on your frag. Your picture must show the face n skirt - otherwise it's counted as a baby.

Person A starts with 1 head 2 babies, end up with 5 heads. He's counted as 2 new heads grown total. No credit for the initial 2 babies that grew into full heads.
Person B starts with 1 head, no babies, end up with 3 heads and 1 baby, He's counted as 2 new heads, and get credit for baby, thus winner.

And final people tied will split pot evenly.

I'll have an updated pot total once everyone has paid.

Last edited by a moderator:

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;293579 said:
In talking with a few people I want to really clarify the final scoring, I'm hoping we get a clear cut winner, and hope to avoid all drama. So, I propose we count heads with faces and skirts, and only use baby heads to break ties if there's a full head tie. You get no advantage for starting with baby heads on your frag. Your picture must show the face n skirt - otherwise it's counted as a baby.

Person A starts with 1 head 2 babies, end up with 5 heads. He's counted as 2 new heads grown total. No credit for the initial 2 babies that grew into full heads.
Person B starts with 1 head, no babies, end up with 3 heads and 1 baby, He's counted as 2 new heads, and get credit for baby, thus winner.

And final people tied will split pot evenly.

I'll have an updated pot total once everyone has paid.
but it still takes time for babies to grow into heads i think the original idea was good lets say you have a head and a baby beginning and at teh end you have 6 heads just subtract half a point for the original baby cause it still had to grow to a full head

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
In a perfect world, Josh has 38 frags with 1 head, and no babies. I'm not sure that's what we'll have. I'm just trying to eliminate it from the count at the end.

I'm not sure what will grow faster, a single head, or one that has a baby. Does the fact it's starting a baby already hurt or help, hard to say.

I'm open for suggestions, but definitely want something black and white ASAP. In the end there will be discussion around the winner vs 2nd person, I'm trying to make it as easy and clear as possible.

I can see both side of this one, weigh in everyone, we'll need consensus, or majority...

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, if we're back at points:

head = 1 point, baby = .5

Person A starts with 1 head, and 1 baby = 1.5 points
Person A ends with 4 heads, 0 baby = 4 points
Person A net grow was 2.5

Person B starts with 1 head, and 0 baby = 1 points
Person B ends with 3 heads, 1 baby = 3.5 points
Person B net grow was = 2.5

Person C starts with 1 head, and 0 baby = 1 points
Person C ends with 3 heads, 2 baby = 4 points
Person C net grow was = 3

Winner C

Baby is considered any closed polyp, or any you cannot see face and developed skirt.

This work???

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds good to me...only way to make sure is just toss up a poll with the 2 diff ways you had it scored and let majority rule. (if you want to be diplomatic) otherwise I'll go with whatever you want, you are doing all the work so it is only fair that you pick...

Munch;293601 said:
Ok, if we're back at points:

head = 1 point, baby = .5

Person A starts with 1 head, and 1 baby = 1.5 points
Person A ends with 4 heads, 0 baby = 4 points
Person A net grow was 2.5

Person B starts with 1 head, and 0 baby = 1 points
Person B ends with 3 heads, 1 baby = 3.5 points
Person B net grow was = 2.5

Person C starts with 1 head, and 0 baby = 1 points
Person C ends with 3 heads, 2 baby = 4 points
Person C net grow was = 3

Winner C

Baby is considered any closed polyp, or any you cannot see face and developed skirt.

This work???

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does final review come down to an independent judge? probably only in the case that it ends with a tie - the judge can make a tie breaker based on the size of the babies.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Honestly, I like this last points plan, and unless we get more than 5 people concerned about it, I say we run with it.

Right now, nobody has any advantage, I just like an easy score for people to figure on their own.

When it comes down to the last handful fighting, it's going to have to be pics showing the frag - top down or its best position to represent the heads. It's like instant replay, if we cant see a skirt, there's no assumptions. You see a skirt, it's a head, no skirt it's a baby, simple as that, and we tally. I don't want to compare sizes of babies or anything like that. It's either a head or a baby. Now, if it's too close to call, I say we declare it a tie. I'd rather two people walk away with a split than have one person mad because he thought the interpretation was against his, or whatnot.

I keep saying he... could be "she" as well!

Hopefully, someone grows the heck out of it and its a landslide, no question.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So here's an example, how many heads on this frag in your judgement:

7 and a baby, or 8?

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would personally say 8. Clearly see a skirt and colored head. A baby to me is a nub that has no distinct skirt or colored up head.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I say 8, by definition: I see a face and a skirt.

I say 7 if I was buying because it's not as big as the rest. :)

We just need to have a baseline so people know what to expect on day 90.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk