• 20-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So here's my dilema, we have different people seeing different things in the same picture.

So I think what I'll do is come up with a few baseline pics, with how they "should" be counted. That way, you don't have to like the rule, just agree to apply it consistently (as best we can). Make sense?

If we can just agree that if we see a skirt 100 on the edge, and a face no matter how small it is, call it a head? Must see both, not one or the other.

I know some people are reading this and thinking we're nutz.... I'm trying to hash this out now in the open so we go into the contest with as clear of a picture as possible.

So for those that don't care, don't worry, we'll hash this out, and make a final decision shortly, and update post 1 with the outcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
By definition, I see 1 head 1 baby. Even though it's likely a pizzed off head, clearly closed up. Take the time, and get the pic with it open!

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
How about if somebody is going to get so worked up for a $5 donation and contest that they don't play? Pick one guy to decide and their word if final - no arguments, no whining. It is Munch's thread and he did all of the work, so he can decide as far as I am concerned. It seems like in these types of situations that trying to make everybody happy ends up making nobody happy.

Even though there is little chance of it, if I win, I don't want the money... you can give it to MASC or some other Marine Charity. To me, it is worth the $5 for science and to see the successes of growth under the different tank parameters... so money well spent.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;293628 said:
How about if somebody is going to get so worked up for a $5 donation and contest that they don't play? Pick one guy to decide and their word if final - no arguments, no whining. It is Munch's thread and he did all of the work, so he can decide as far as I am concerned. It seems like in these types of situations that trying to make everybody happy ends up making nobody happy.

Even though there is little chance of it, if I win, I don't want the money... you can give it to MASC or some other Marine Charity. To me, it is worth the $5 for science and to see the successes of growth under the different tank parameters... so money well spent.

I'm declaring JDA winner on his platform alone :)

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you want I can be a judge I think every one should have to post the pic or video of there frag. Otherwise people can say I have 20 heads. Not that I think anyone would do that but like my dad always says keep an honest person honest.

"To me, it is worth the $5 for science and to see the successes of growth under the different tank parameters... so money well spent." _Jda123

Well stated and agreed. I would be more than willing to create a "stats" logging sheet to get a good perimeters log. I would hope we would all be willing to jot down weekly stats and overall tank conditions and equipment to further our clubs knowledge and understanding.

As far as the rules, I am good with what you came up with since it is fair enough and you cant control exactly how life chooses to spring up. We already winning...

Thanks to Munch (Scott) and Gonzo (Josh) for putting this together and fragging up such a unique order and the other 29 for your involvement.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sberg39;293643 said:
There is a shell station on 66 right off 25 or a 7-11 on the other side.
I'm partial to Shell's - I'll update the first post :) East or West of I-25?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm ok with Andrew being final judge on baby/head. We can argue our position based on the photo provided once the contest ends. Andrew will weigh in for final.
Just follow the guideline: "Baby is considered any closed polyp, or any where you cannot see face and developed skirt in the same photo. You must see skirt and face to be considered a head."

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, page 1 updated, carry on! We're getting close to the start of this! Please get payments in ASAP. Again, we're shooting for pickup and delivery route this Saturday or Sunday, at Josh's discretion.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can pick up at Park Meadows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just a heads up, I moved it to Lincoln and I-25 - avoid having to get into the mall parking lots...

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok whatever works. That's usually easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
jda123;293628 said:

Plus 1! Well said. I'll pick mine up whenever gonzo says so. I'll do Paypal this eve.

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I think these polyps will be good for this contest. They seem to be very hardy!

I fragged them this morning and this afternoon they where all open and looking good.

For fragging 38 single polyp frags that is a good sign :)