zoas in kalk paste?

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I finally got my first frags. I get them home and find 2 aiptasia on a frag. Grrr... I refragged all of them and tossed the plug they were on. I am being super careful not to get aiptasia this time. Set up a frag tank for quarantine even but that being said I dipped the frag in 30/70 kalk/water mix to kill the aiptasia then I super glued the spot with the aiptasia. Zoas haven't opened since. it's been 2 days Are they done? Anyone else ever dip zoas in kalk? Kind of annoying for me and a crap start...

Sour137

Cleaner Shrimp
Can't speak to the kalk, but I can speak of peppermint shrimps. I have three and they give every frag that comes into my system a thorough cleaning. They may have eaten a mushroom, but that's not too bad considering. I'd imagine if the water was basic enough to do damage to the aiptasia, it would also be enough to do damage to the coral. That being said, I don't know much about zoas.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I had some trash Paly's that I wanted to get rid of so I hit them with a thick Kalk paste to try to kill them as I would aiptasia....it didn't work. They were more resilient than the aiptasia and came back in a few days!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
TheRealChrisBrown;n676945 said:
I had some trash Paly's that I wanted to get rid of so I hit them with a thick Kalk paste to try to kill them as I would aiptasia....it didn't work. They were more resilient than the aiptasia and came back in a few days!
nice I hope its the story on these CARs though they look smaller today.