120w LED chines fixture GB

What are the par readings on these things in deep tanks around 29"? My tangs have invented a new game, splash the halide bulbs. Goodbye 2 Reeflux 400 watt bulbs! dillweeds.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;86175 said:
there was some guys on SCMAS claiming 90 PAR @ 30", I'll try and find the thread
Check out murfman on the SCMAS site. He did a par test on them with his 300 gallon tank.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks rocky, I found them. It's Murfman's thread. His par took a big dip with leds. Sucks because I was ready to pull the trigger on a replacement for my 400 watt halide. I have clams and zoas on the bottom of my tank so I don't think the 90-100 par would be enough?

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
MartinsReef;86153 said:
Is it too late to get in on this order?

Lmk
Martin

Believe so but there has been lots of interest in doing another if these arrive fine.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
WrasseAttack;86178 said:
Thanks rocky, I found them. It's Murfman's thread. His par took a big dip with leds. Sucks because I was ready to pull the trigger on a replacement for my 400 watt halide. I have clams and zoas on the bottom of my tank so I don't think the 90-100 par would be enough?
i thought par of 100 was ok for clams?

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;86187 said:
I have two of these lights on my 90 gallon cube with a bunch of zoas on the sand. They are growing like weeds. My tank is 32" deep.

dv3;86187 said:

I have no idea. Don't know much about what needs what par except that I would be cutting my par in half going from 400 watt halides to the. Is there an expert in the house because if it's enough light for clams, then I'm in for one.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice!!!

rockys_pride;86254 said:
Have you read this?
Thanks Jamie. I have a derasa, my maxima from D&G was doing awesome and then died overnight. So having the second least light loving clam, if I replaced just my 400w for now(it's the bulb they always seem to break) and it's not working out I can move my clam under my 250 halides. Do these LEDs come in different color temps? I think 20k might be a bit much for me, I like the 14k look.