12g JBJ Nano Cube DX

Bouncer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have been resistant to adding a clownfish to my tank, I don't know why I just have been. I took my Son to Elite Reef today and he really enjoyed looking at all the fish and other reef inhabitants. After a great lobbying session on the way home I thought I might look into my clownfish options. I found that the Black & White Ocellaris Clownfish were very different and satisfied my Son's need for a clownfish. By chance I went to Craigslist and found this, http://denver.craigslist.org/for/2832618389.html. Any thoughts? I sent them an email and the were very accommodating with info and possible pick-up. I like the idea of them being"local".

Bouncer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
The tank is looking great! No huge spikes in parameters and all of the CUC are doing their jobs. I will wait until Friday to pick up a pair of the black and whites. I appreciate the feedback from everyone. It is fun building this up with community info.

Bouncer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Added a very small pair of Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish. Thank you Gale and Jami for the beautiful fish. They are happily checking out their new tank. I will post some photos later today.

Bouncer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is a shot of the tank this evening. The Black & White Ocellaris are super active, so much so that they are fairly blurry in the pictures.

Bouncer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking forward to adding some corals

The tank has been rock solid. All the inhabitants are thriving and eating regularly. I have had no spikes in the water quality and the CUC has been doing a terrific job keeping the tank looking great. As of today the residents are as follows; Two Black & White Ocellaris, one Scarlet Skunk Shrimp, one Emerald Crab, two Scarlet Hermit Crabs, three Banded Trochus Snails, two Astraea Conehead Snails, Two Margarita Snails, one Narssarius Snail and a Ponape Birdsnest Coral. The Birdsnest seems to be doing well, I still have it stuck to a plug but I will permanently attach it when it looks comfortable. I am looking forward to adding some corals, I am learning what works together and what doesn't.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
NIce looking tank....i love Birdsnest! i hope yours does well. I had someone tell me that they are hard to keep alive but honestly my birdsnest looks better the my zoas at the moment and zoas are pretty easy i would think.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank is looking good. That a frag from Ryan? That is a nice chunk.

Bouncer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Birdsnest was from Ryan, huge thank you! Excited to see what else I can add. Would love input as to what would do well.

Bouncer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was thinking about these corals; Hammer, Candy Cane, Green Star Polyp, Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoa, Kenys Tree, Nepthea, Watermelon Zoa. Any other ideas?

Bouncer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Busy...

Everything is looking great. Thanks to Travis for the LR chocked full of interesting things and Ryan for the Maxima. I am looking forward to adding a feather duster and some zoas at some point. I value input so what do you think? looking forward to the meeting next weekend.