37 Gallon Oceanic at Home finally

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;335394 said:
So I am planning on a 250 watt HQI running 8-10 hours. Would 2 t5 HO bulbs for supplemental blue be overkill?
I am running my halides 4 hours a day with t5 supplementation. I'd do a couple blue plus and a stunner strip for some evening viewing and color punch. They run nice and cool too which matters in a tank that size. I run my t5 for 12 hours a day.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I have a ballast that can run 4 54watt t-5s. In theory I could have 9 24 watt t-5s on the same ballast correct? I wouldn't do that many but since it is an electronic ballast as long as I don't go over the load and wire it correctly I should be fine right. Might just go the t-5 route.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I don't think that will work. It probably can only run 4 lamps at a time. I'm not sure I have ever seen a ballast that will run more than four lamps at once.

What type of ballast? I'd go to their website and find the wiring diagram for that particular ballast.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
amonchak;335677 said:
I don't think that will work. It probably can only run 4 lamps at a time. I'm not sure I have ever seen a ballast that will run more than four lamps at once.

What type of ballast? I'd go to their website and find the wiring diagram for that particular ballast.
Felt really dumb after I posted. I've totally forgotten everything I know about fluorescent lighting.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Depends on how many bulbs I can run on the ballast. If it's only 4 then I'll probably do both. I'd only run the halide for probably 6 hours.