cadlights aquariums?

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's tax return season and I'm looking to buy a 3rd reef tank. Was going to order a 45g cube tank from glasscages.com. I went into elite reef and seen the new ledho 22g tank from cadlights. I feel in love. Instead of acting on impulse and buying the cad aquarium I wanted to research them. Have any of you used a cad light aquarium? Any tank ideas around 400-500$ reef ready? I hope to buy brand new

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
What I'm going to tell you is what was told to me, what you do with that is up to you. I ignored it and now I want to follow it. Stick with one tank. It's easier to maintain and you'll spend more time enjoying it rather than dosing, w/c, fixing issues. With that said I have 3 sw and 2 fw. I really want to go with 1 sw and a frag tank plumbed to the DT. The FW are very little maintenance so I'm ok with those, but the dosing schedules on the 3 tanks is hectic. I have to test all the water separately and dose accordingly to each one, not what I want to spend my free time on. I'd rather be figuring out what fish I want to add next, coral placement, powerhead needs, equipment upgrades....that kind of stuff. So I would tell you to hold what you have. BUT it's your setup, get as many as you want.

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's good advice. I have 3 fw tanks up. A 10g reef tank with a 10g pod fuge. The second tank I have is just a picotope. I had to take the livestock out of the pico so it can be used as a hospital tank cause my clown got ich. I was going to buy that cadlights tank to use as a display and use my current 10g as a propagation tank. So after all is said and done I would be down to just 1 display tank. I will keep using the pico as a qt tank after the ich incident because I have no realized you can't trust even the most prestine local fish stores.