Craigars 300 gallon mixed reef

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;127521 said:
Count down begins I get my LEDs monday!!! I know what I'll be doing Tuesday night lol
LEDs suck. They aren't bright enough to grow anything and the colors are terrible.

Oh, wait a minute, this is 2011.

LEDs rock. I just converted my whole tank. (I'm going to forever miss my MH/VHO combo though...we had such a good run and I really, really, really liked them).

Looking forward to seeing the AIs on your tank.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tonight I will get em on I got all the brackets made last night and went to bolt them on and the screws I bought was 1/4" to short and ace hardware was closed by the time I got there last night(730) what hardware store closes that early! There the only ones that have 10/32 stainless steel screws

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;128600 said:
Tonight I will get em on I got all the brackets made last night and went to bolt them on and the screws I bought was 1/4" to short and ace hardware was closed by the time I got there last night(730) what hardware store closes that early! There the only ones that have 10/32 stainless steel screws
Frustrating isn't it!! I love Ace because they have tons that HD and Lowes don't carry...BUT...they close so freakin' early!! Can't wait to see them though!

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
you are slacking! I'm gonna tell santa!

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like ACE better too. It's a good compromise between the modern big box places and the seldom-available mom and pop shops.

That said, Home Depot doesn't have stainless steel 10/32? I was rummaging through my local HD the other day and they had two drawers of SS bolts.

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
LOL

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol so update I hung the fixture 7" from the water and the spread wasn't quite right so I took the shelf out of the canopy and moved them 15 which was the recomended height I got so we will see!!!

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
phenominal looking tank! What do you think of the light coverage? Tank is 8'x2'x30"tall? wow it looks good in the pics. details man details! lol

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The tank is 6' I was hoping to get away with leaving my shelf in there but with it that close there were a few shadows but after raising it up the coverage is amazing! I love em!!! I think I'm going to start my percentages at 35 white. 40 blue 40 royal blue ramp them up 5 percent every week-2 weeks

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice....real nice, Clark. I like it.

Edit to add - can you comment on visual differences between running them 40/40/40 vs 100/100/100? Does the color temp look similar between these two settings?

It's beautiful - enjoy your next Xcel bill! I wish I could tell them where to go too. My spouse put in a woodstove and now we don't pay Xcel much but the grocery store sure loves us (those damn $5 packs of wood).