Craigslist Deal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I persoanlly went and looked at the second one on the list about a month ago, its a better deal than it sounds like. tank is in horrible condition, hense why its been on craigslist for so long.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;179916 said:
I persoanlly went and looked at the second one on the list about a month ago, its a better deal than it sounds like. tank is in horrible condition, hense why its been on craigslist for so long.
Just scratched or?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
It was very scratched up, he has a buff kit for it, however some of the scratches were more like gouges and couldnt be buffed out without taking away the integrity fo the tank.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
ReefCheif, the second one in the list in Federal Heights is the one you went to see?

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
The second one on the list in Federal Heights is the one you went to look at?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
LOL, I thought the same, had to take a hard look. The picture is actually side ways and the tank and stand are standing up on their ends.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ReefCheif;181292 said:
LOL, I thought the same, had to take a hard look. The picture is actually side ways and the tank and stand are standing up on their ends.
Lol yep you're right wow that's a trip.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
I like Tacos;176884 said:
Looks like a money maker...assuming stand, canopy and sump in picture included--

http://denver.craigslist.org/fuo/3129443698.html
Just curious, in that back picture, is that the 'return' and it's plumbed so it spreads across the bottom-rear? Or just two outlets at the bottom of each rear corner? Or is it a type of intake? Just curious in my limited experience, haven't seen that. I'm use to an overflow box or internal overflow with standpipe...

[attachment=62232:name]

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ghosty;184138 said:
Just curious, in that back picture, is that the 'return' and it's plumbed so it spreads across the bottom-rear? Or just two outlets at the bottom of each rear corner? Or is it a type of intake? Just curious in my limited experience, haven't seen that. I'm use to an overflow box or internal overflow with standpipe...

View attachment 8566
Looks to me it's a return pipe that goes to each corner with a check valve

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ya its called a spray bar and it is meant to put behind rock walls to eliminate or reduce detritus build up. Has an anti-siphon break hole then drilled closer to top of tank just below overflow teeth height. Pretty cool actually, but semi risky if you ask me.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
CRW Reef;184140 said:
Pretty cool actually, but semi risky if you ask me.
Risky even with a one-way check valve inline? If the siphon-break hole clogs and then there is a power outage, or how exactly? Just an idea to consider when building my tank, I like the idea of eliminating stagnant zones below/behind any LR structure. :)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yes both check valves and siphon breaks fail. Check valves usually fail open because of build up and or something gets lodged in the seal. Siphon breaks like everything else can fail if they get clogged. Now if you have a few siphon breaks and check valve, I can't see you going wrong if you are dye diligent about making sure they are both cleaned regularly.

It yes if both fail at the same time (slim chance I know) you will drain your entire tank into your sump.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Thanks you just scared me, hahaa. I guess a safer bet is just to place a couple smaller powerheads (with sponges on the intake side), down in the corners to move water behind the rocks.

Back to Craigs deals!...

Status
Not open for further replies.