Craigslist Deal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I saw that last week. It's pretty scratched up.. nice tank for a project with some work and would look good in a corner.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Wow cool, but a VERY specialized application, talk about a big odd shape, heh. For whoever can pull it off (and has dozens of hours of acrylic-polishing free time, lol), it'll end up sweet, especially keeping both long sides open, not just putting it in a corner.

Someone should call the seller and tell them to give the buyer a link to MASC so they can share the experience with us. Would love to see how it turns out!

2sweet

Butterfly Fish

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
There's your dead rock. Sell the rest and make some money. LOL

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Lol.

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
it's a good idea but his prices are still high considering petsmart has $1/gallon sale. used for glass tank should be $.50/gallon and $.75 for acrylic.

so the only thing that makes a saltwater tank a saltwater tank is the fish inside?? I guess hes never heard of reef ready which I could see people referring to as saltwater. He doesn't even mention reef ready tanks which bring up the value. Can't value a tank on just size, age and weather it is glass or acrylic. Brand of tank, over flow placement/type, thickness of glass/acrylic all have a impact on the value of a tank in my opinion. I also think the same acrylic tank is worth more then a glass tank of the same specs.

ailachami;189649 said:
it's a good idea but his prices are still high considering petsmart has $1/gallon sale. used for glass tank should be $.50/gallon and $.75 for acrylic.
At petsmart its only up to 55 gallons and they are not reef ready for the $1 a gallon sale, so your prices might be okay for non reef ready smaller tanks but good luck finding a glass reef ready 180 gallon for $90 or acrylic for $135.

Status
Not open for further replies.