Doc’s oops I did it again 200 gallon

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
You do two part and run a calcium reactor?
I actually do. I have the trident controlling the DOS. If one fails the other can help keep things up. The 2 part also helps with the tank ph a bit. It only doses 40 or so ml of each 2 part a day. I’ve thought about changing it to a auto water change... or just kalk. Dosing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Nice! I'm gonna need to pick up some more frags once my new tank is ready...

Curious if you're still thinking about rebooting it and if so why
Just thinking of cutting back some of the big ones, maybe do a different scape, just partly. Growing them back is kinda the fun. Plus maybe a couple different corals.

No updates since 2022...pretty sure your due for one lol....hope all is well good buddy gotta come see ya soon....have something for you as well think it will do good in your tank.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So, no updates in forever… I’ll get the pics I’ve already posted over here soon but some thoughts.

I’m going to do a decent reboot on at least half the tank!

The tank has been up for 4? Ish years now. Many of the corals, despite me trying to trim are shading each other, fighting each other, slowing flow to the point they can’t thrive. Additionally, I added some nice stuff over the years that is completely blocked. Now that I know the growth habits of stuff a bit better.

I’ve been selling frags like crazy this past week, I can still cut several more down from the left side. I also have plenty of extra rock in the sump, and I’m changing over to a large 100 gallon tub for more stability.

Once I’m ready, in a month or so, I’m adding a new rock scape and placing softball size chunks of all the colonies onto the new, very open, scape.

Pics of the rock work I started last night. I’m using super glue, zip ties to hold while drying, and sand… so far it’s holding.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Just thinking of cutting back some of the big ones, maybe do a different scape, just partly. Growing them back is kinda the fun. Plus maybe a couple different corals.

I guess I have been thinking about this for well over a year. lol

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
This is gonna be awesome!

Fingers crossed! It’ll be several months before it looks good… I’m going to get the branch soaking in the tub tomorrow, with some rock from the sump. Hopefully it’ll make for a smooth transfer… well, as smooth as possible.