Fish Room build update

Holy crap. Are you building a shark tank in the basement?

and it is awesome. I can't even plumb a bathroom sink.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
LMAO!...you my friend are NOT a tebow look alike ...but hows your throwing arm?

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a better chance being told I look like Tebow before being told I throw like Tebow.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah The walls have been drilled and allot more plumbing has gone it. i just have not gotten around to updating the thread. Maybe this weekend. If all goes well i should have the sump up and running in the next couple weeks.

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Having been fortunate enough to see this setup first hand, I can happily say its top notch! Also, Kalgra thanks for advice on my RO/DI unit...got it up and running beautifully now!

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So its been awhile but things are starting to move again. Last night I tested the return pumps, displacement water change system which I like to call "Mdrumm method" because he is the first person I have ever seen do this. I also tested a reverse flow procedure that drains the whole system to the sewer in the event I should ever need to.

Everything worked better than I had hoped. To be honest I was starting to worry a little bit about the number of bends I had coming off the return and the sheer distance I will be pushing from the basement to the display (26' with 12' of that being verticle). All I can say about these Reeflo Wahoo pumps is "WOW", they don't even break a sweat. I ended up dialing them back quit a bit which is great because I will be running 4 separate reactors off the main pump as well.

The water change method is going to be incredible! two balls valves switched and 5 minutes later 40 gal is changed without any other effort. No lugging buckets of water, siphoning, or dumping.

Using the the water change setup I plumbed it so I could reverse the flow, and pump all the water straight into the sewage line. I'm not sure that I will ever be using this. Hopefully not but it worked great for just testing the system with tap water then draining it again.

Right now the display is not in so the return line is just looped back to the sump from where the display will eventually be. The other two holes drilled are for the other two pipes in a BeanAnimal setup.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweeeeeat!!!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tyson don't mention the display. That's probably another year off. LOL Just kidding Kris. The fish room is looking great. Glad things worked the way you wanted.