It's alive!!!!!!!..... Finally.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
The nem is looking ok. I've been watching it everyday. I'd take some starburst for sure. Just want to get the tank back up on it's feet again first

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got the tank cleaned out and pulled out most of the hair algae. I need to replenish my cuc and get this thing going again. I ended up throwing out around 20 frags. I was pretty mad last night. Did a water change and cleaned what I could. I lost my female clown that I've had for years. I really hope I'm able to get this tank back on it's feet bad fast. I'll be needing some corals soon. I hope you all have some frags for sale.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Dude, sorry to hear things not going well, hang in there. When your ready I'll frag you up several things, let me know if you need any help with anything.

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have you tried changing out the sponges in the caddies? When I had a problem with my Nuvo, I threw the sponges away and used purigen and activated carbon instead. It helped a lot.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
chswkt;337654 said:
Have you tried changing out the sponges in the caddies? When I had a problem with my Nuvo, I threw the sponges away and used purigen and activated carbon instead. It helped a lot.
I only left the sponges that came with that tank when I first set it up mainly to catch all the dust from the new sand. I only run chemo pure elite or clear fx pro in the media baskets and filter floss every now and then after a water change to catch stuff floating around the water column. The tank looks like this due to me not having the energy or sadly the want to do maintenance. I'm finally getting back on track with my water change schedule and I'm gonna get the tank back on it's feet. Slowly but surely it will somehow get back to where it once was.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;339681 said:
Looks good wahts your doseing regiment?
I'm actually not doing any dosing other than 5 ml of acro power once a week when I do my wc. I am saving up for a dosing pump since I plan on keeping a lot more sps in the tank this time around.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;339684 said:
Very nice and the radion what do u run it at?
I run the radion at about 35%. Haven't changed the intensity in a while and everything seems happy. That's what I ran it at before the tank crash and everything looked great.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's alive!!!!!!!..... Finally.

View attachment 22641 latest additions to the tank. The harlequin shrimp is huge, probably the biggest I've seen. There is also a Pom Pom crab in the bucket that you can't see. The tank is turning into an invert palace! I am thinking about adding a group of sexy shrimp as well.

Last edited by a moderator: