• Refugium
20 w baffles and return pump
Refugium Led 6500k light
Jäger heater
Reef octopus HOB skimmer
• Light Fixture
Sunpod 2x 150w
2 Phoenix 14k bulbs

I am installing this tank at my office at the church. Will update this first post periodically w cost analysis. Trying to keep total cost under $500.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lights: fans need replaced, wiring has gone bad in places. Bulbs were burned out. Have already decided on Phoenix 14k's.
Stand: needs to b rebuilt. Have pulled some plans for a simple 2x4 stand off reef central. Going to use 4x4 posts in corners so I can make the sides able to come off. Adding 2 pull out drawers as well underneath.
Tank: reef ready w overflow, has a leak in one corner I'll fix.
Sump: already has baffles in place. Will replace the plumbing as it looks to b caked w old algae. Going to use the hob skimmer I have until I get more allowance.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank inmates:
Currently in my 30
Fish: six-line wrasse, 2xoc clowns
Cuc: 10 trocus snails, 30+tiny konch, 5 narcissus snails, 1 DBTC Mexican turbo
Corals:
Sps: Monti- sunset cap, orange digi, purple digi, rainbow monti; Acros: 2 unknown, potato chip/lettuce coral, blue ride coral, pink/green birdsnest, rainbow pocillipora.
LPS: torch, candy cane
Soft: Zoas: AL Rainbows, Mowhawks, Baby blue paly, fire and ice, god of war, purple/pink passion, tubs blue, Eagle eyes, orange explosion, yellow, large red paly; 3 varieties of gsp; kenya tree; anthelia; green toadstool mushroom leather; green striped mushroom; green hairy mushroom;
1 bubble tip anemone

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Want to add:
Increase cuc to 15+ trocus, 10 narcissus, serpent stars, and anything else Vince tells me (plug for GWA).
Fish: yellow tang, psych mandarin, 2 bangai cardinalfish, purple firefish or pseudochromos
Corals: monti caps, red/blue hornets

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Current tank before I stripped the lights apart:

My dad owned 2 fly fishing stores and as a tribute to him using these as my door pulls on the stand:

Big shoutout to Scott chase for all the corals, reef keeper controller, live rock and sand that he has given me over the last few months.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Pulled everything out of the way of the fans and have stripped the bad wiring...hoping to find a good fan at the local restore.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Sounds like a fun project. Resealing the tank s pretty easy, especially since it empty, I have a thread on here that might be a good refrence for oyu doing that, plus lots of good youtube videos out there for it.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;309145 said:
Jeremiah hit me up if you need a cheap pump. I have a ton of rio 1100's laying arround.
This was included w the sump. It's in a cycle tank right now. Not sure if 700gph will b enough or not.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Included w the tank was a bunch of dry rock. Cleaned it off and let sit in sun for a few days and has been sitting in a 20 gallon now.

Mostly mid sized pieces. I had some hair algae issues in my dt so I pulled those pieces and they're in with the dry rock. Tons of pods r in there now and an emerald crab that ate my Zoas got kicked to here. Leaving lights off for the most part. Nitrates, nitrites and phosphates are really high still but made it through first diatom bloom and they've been coming down since.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
As I plan the stand, realized that the 65 currently sits on a stand made out of 1x3s. For a tank this size isn't that asking for trouble later or r 1x3s ok?

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
i'd do 3/4" or 1/2" plywood. super strong. my stand is 3/4" birch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Will post plans tomorrow but got a killer deal on plywood today that will cover the whole stand for free. Knocked out 3/4 of the price right there!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;309709 said:
Will post plans tomorrow but got a killer deal on plywood today that will cover the whole stand for free. Knocked out 3/4 of the price right there!
Saweet!! If you need more lumber, let me know. I'm tearing out some shelves from the fish room in the next week or so. There'll be 2x4s galore. No charge - just come & get em.