Jeremiah's "it cost how much?" 65 rebuild

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;309145 said:
Jeremiah hit me up if you need a cheap pump. I have a ton of rio 1100's laying arround.
Seth, do u still have your rio's?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Refugium question, I have a 20H and a 20L to choose from. Both will fit under my cabinet just fine. With the 20H I can also fit a 5 gallo bucket for ato.
Any suggestions as to which one I should use as a refugium?

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;327826 said:
Refugium question, I have a 20H and a 20L to choose from. Both will fit under my cabinet just fine. With the 20H I can also fit a 5 gallo bucket for ato.
Any suggestions as to which one I should use as a refugium?
Personally, I would do the 20L since you will get more usable area for growing macro algae and housing live rock. I can see the desire to have your ATO water under there too though. There are some great cheap tall and narrow rectangular jugs that might still fit with the 20L. Much smaller footprint than the bucket. I think someone posted about finding them made for RVs.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
^ +1

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;327858 said:
There are some great cheap tall and narrow rectangular jugs that might still fit with the 20L.
Ha! I have 2 at home we use for water when camping and had never thought about using them. Great idea, thanks!!!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeremiah's "it cost how much?" 65 rebuild

Progress with a capital P today.

Thanks therealchrisbrown for helping move the tank to my house today!

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
And....

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got most corals moved over, will mount them to the rock when I see if this is how I want the rock to stay.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FTS as of today:

Some of the sand/rock is starting to brown a little, diatoms is my guess.
Added chaeto to the tank a week ago and it promptly dispersed everywhere. Removed that and have added red dragon (some behind the toadstool) to the refugium instead.
Piping for the drain has been fixed and also eliminated the massive bubbles I was getting coming thru.
Added more corals and have a few on the rack to add still.
Wife is very happy with it and makes multiples pos comments about it...guess the build is mostly over ;)
Still have to add my ato and recut the doors on the stand as they don't align w each other but fewer and fewer things to do now on it.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;330480 said:
Are those blue candy canes i see on the left?
I've got blue, green and yellow.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ATO

Slightly complicated but finally got my ato programmed.
I have a pump sitting in a 5 gallon bucket beside the stand, added a lid that I cut to fit the tubing and pump cord to.
Hose clamped the hose to eggcrate as my 2 year old has already pulled it out once and put 1 gallon on the floor yesterday.
Here's the steps I took to program my RKL to use an ato:
1) setup alarm - alarm 1 is set to trigger if tempts go to hi or too low. Alarm 2/no alerts/decide: w level/trip when closed/save.
2) setup pump - I put it in slot one on my pc4/mode:auto/function:eek:n,off/action off/set to alarm 2/action on
I know there's other ways of programming it but this is what I got to work for me.
Is it ok to add a tablespoon or two of kalkwasser to my top off?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
As always happens in life, I set this up and the day after I finished the build my wife and I found out that our appointment as church starters for Norther Colorado through the North American Missions Board is getting approved early with the condition that I recieve additional training in another part of the state for 6 months. My wife and I are really excited about this as we've been waiting for approval for a long time now, however, I will be posting livestock and equipment in the for sale threads this week as I will be gone for 2-3 weeks of each month at a time starting in February.