MASC 60 cube donation/raffle build.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The curly maple is really nice, but the Birdseye would match a dresser I already have... I'm thinking of ways to convince the wife we need this! The stand is going to look great either way and should raise a bunch of $ for the club. Bravo!

pidge

Angel Fish
So I'm wrapping it up for the day. Gotta do the grocery shopping. Got some more progress done today. Finalized all the dimensions and then got it all cut to length. Gotta make the sure the blade is perfectly square. If you haven't figured it out by now, square is the key to success.

Then gotta square up one side of everything and then cut to length. When I first starting building furniture and cabinets I used my chopsaw to cut to length. Things could be just ever so slightly different lengths. Then I made a crosscut sled for my table saw and that worked really great for a while, but it could get out of square to the blade after a few months of use. So I just picked up this awesome attachment for my table saw.

It's a sliding table attachment and has making crosscuts in ply or solid wood a dream. So I gotta square it up and then put the stop down to cut to length.

Gotta label all the legs and make sure I put the best grain on the outside.

Then it's time to bust out the tapering jig to cut the taper in the legs.

Now that everything is cut to the length I need all I need to do is the joinery. Hopefully I'll be able to start that sometime later this week!

pidge

Angel Fish
SkyShark;299637 said:
The curly maple is really nice, but the Birdseye would match a dresser I already have... I'm thinking of ways to convince the wife we need this! The stand is going to look great either way and should raise a bunch of $ for the club. Bravo!
Haha! Well I'm sure the curly maple will match the Birdseye quite nicely actually!!

pidge

Angel Fish
JNG;299629 said:
That is going to look awesome with the different types of wood. I am already imagining how it might look. I was another wood guy in high school. I loved wood shop so much I had it from 7th grade all the way until I graduated. Not sure why I never picked it up after that, but I for sure will be following along. :smile-new:
Looks like a good reason to get into another tank with furniture as nice as this will most likely be. Right on!!!!
Just stuff that ballot box and make sure you increase your odds at getting! :)