My reduce, reuse, and recycle build

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
2sweet;249801 said:
Cindy, my tailspot blenny and my clownfish are best friends and swim together. My tailspot is always swimming and sticking his nose in photos whenever I'm trying to take shots of the coral.
ok, that seals it, then- getting a tailspot blenny. Now I just need to find one. LOL

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Went to Aquamart today! Picked out a few beauties, and decided to update the thread.

The maxijet 900 puts out a LOT of flow, and it was pushing the sand around, so I had to move the flat base piece up to the front to deflect that a bit. So it's a bit cloudy because I was moving things around. I moved the halimeda from one 'coast' to the other, and placed a tiki god rock with green star polyp hair (they're not open because everything in there is kinda ticked off at the moment) toward the back. I may wind up downsizing that return pump if I see that it's too much flow. My main thing is that I don't want a 2nd pump mucking up the view.

Full tank shot.

Side view.

I picked up a pair of blue lined pipefish. They were really tough to get a good pic of, because they're cruising the tank constantly.

Lookit what hitch hiked its way into my tank! I saw two of them. Hopefully these lil guys will reproduce a bunch...

... because today I got a harlequin shrimp! One of the biggest I've seen.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool Shrimp, Allyson & Collin have a huge harlequin, if I remember right they feed it CC Stars.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;250398 said:
Cool Shrimp, Allyson & Collin have a huge harlequin, if I remember right they feed it CC Stars.
Yep. I picked up one of those today, too, to supplement these little starfish.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
OH, and I also got a tailspot blenny, but he was hiding too well for me to get a pic of him.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;250403 said:
Verry Nice, moving right along. Did the tailspot go for the condo's?
Yup! Settled into those immediately. I am going to try to grow some encrusting coral on them, see if I can make them look even cooler than they do now.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice work Cindy. I dig it!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
daverf;250410 said:
Nice work Cindy. I dig it!
Thanks! So do I- which is kinda shocking, since I'm a 'go big or go home' kinda girl most of the time.

This past weekend I picked up a wood cabinet for $25, which I plan on using as a stand for it. I'll be sanding that down and staining it tomorrow. Then I'll seal the heck out of the top of it. I'm worried about ruining the bookcase that it's sitting on at the moment.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a bunch of those little stars that I could try to round up if you would like Cindy.
That will be cool if those star polyp grows crazy on top, maybe glue some red blastmosa's in the eyes.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
JNG;250429 said:
I have a bunch of those little stars that I could try to round up if you would like Cindy.
That will be cool if those star polyp grows crazy on top, maybe glue some red blastmosa's in the eyes.
That'd be cool, Jerry! I'd happily take any of those lil stars you round up. And now you've got me wondering where I can get 2 single-polyp blastos... and how to keep them from propagating... hmmm. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to keep trimming the green star polyps, which is fine by me, because part of my mission with this tank is to DBTC as much as possible out of it.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
My reduce, reuse, and recycle build

I have a small snowflake in my sump. I'd be willing to trade for it. I also have stars if you want me to round some up

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Would you take cash for it? Or is there something in particular that you're looking for, for a trade?

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Got the cabinet sanded today...

and then I stained it for fun.

I'm going to decide tomorrow if I want to give it another couple of coats to darken it up, or if I'll just urethane it and call it good.

And I picked up a rose bubble tip nem from Aquatic Art for it today, so I moved Steal from QT into his new home. Lights are out at the moment, but I'll get a pic tomorrow when they're on.

On another note, the tiny little pipefish that I raced all over town to find Tigger pods for... they eat frozen mysis shrimp. I kid you not.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;250956 said:
Nice find on the pipefish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love 'em! They're in constant motion, and sometimes they swim all weird. Really colorful, too, for how small they are. I got them at Aquamart. I think they had a couple more, if you want a pair in your lil' 215 gal nano... :rofl:

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
$13? JK!! Let me know how much you want for it. I'd hate for Steal to get lonely, but I don't want to spend retail prices for a buddy, either. LOL.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I say add more coats of stain and darken that baby up some more. Going to look nice!!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
JNG;250973 said:
I say add more coats of stain and darken that baby up some more. Going to look nice!!
That's kinda the way I'm leaning, too. I've just never stained anything before, and I'm worried about ruining it. Are you supposed to sand between coats? Or just put more stain on?