Noah's Tank 336G

So, my 100G tank popped a seam and I could not get it to re-seal... Got on craigslist and, thought it was a scam, picked up this whole set up last week.... don't know it I like the insert but decided to leave it in and build "real" rock and coral around it kind of like a 3D background. Anyway, finally got it started after the movers snapped off three bulkheads on the bottom, replumbed and holding water it is just above 300G tank from ATM with full setup and a Noah's Ark facade.

View attachment 20358 View attachment 20359 View attachment 20360 View attachment 20361 View attachment 20362 View attachment 20363

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Awesome! Nice snag, glad it wasnt a scam. What you planning on putting in it?

I currently have about 7 fish and about 50lbs of live rock with assorted softies and a few SPS living in make shift tanks that I threw together out of 30 gal storage totes from when my 100g sprung a leak last week. So going to move that in to the big tank in the next day or so and see how everything survives the move. I have three kessils (1x350W, and 2x150) from the old tank that I am going to install... once I see the spread and depth penitration, I will start adding I am thinking I am I am going to need to add 1 more 350W to really grow SPS and LPS at that depth... with that center insert that is siliconed in, it is hard to stack the rock to get some of the corals and clams up to where they would really be happy.

Oh also, yes it came with EVERYTHING in the pics... the only thing that has come from my old setup is the live rock that I started putting in as I began to start up the pumps.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is utterly rediculous. I was convinced that was a scam. You could probably post that on ebay right now and get upwards of 10 grand for it if not more. Granted, how could you even consider selling something like that once its yours.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol why??? That's an amazing tank at an awesome price :) I'd enjoy it and find comfort in the fact that I got the deal of a lifetime on all of that hardware. The fact that the tank has a story behind it gives you something to talk about to all the non-reefers that come over to check it out as well. :applause:

Following your build thread for sure!!

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Because having to put on a snorkel to reach the sand bed isn't something I'd enjoy and for what I can sell it for on eBay 30k I can easily buy a 300g deep dimension starphire and all that equipment with warranty.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok back to the build thread :p This tank is an awesome find and I agree its a cool story, great equipment for the price and I am excited to watch it grow!!!!!!!!! Congrats on a very very very cool tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Yep didn't mean to distract from the build thread its an awesome tank and I am super jealous that someone in the springs has an actual tank I saw being built and displayed. Plus Betty White touched it!!!

thanks guys... I am still dumbfounded that I got it, will put up more pics as the days go on. I have to say though the proposition to sell it did cross my mind, but I can't do it... I have wanted a tank this size for a while and with it being "famous" I got to at least set it up, once I started moving it in.... yup.... really set in that is allot of water to move 5 gallons at a time into my basement!

Sorry it has been a week... buy all fish survived most corals are starting to open and adjust.... toadstools still drooping. Found out the hardway that the diablo protien skimmer, if you turn the motor on it to high, it will completely drain the sump onto your floor. Yes came down to look at it about midnight a few nights ago and had over 20 gallons of saltwater soaked into my carpet.... squish squish! but is up and running going to need to get another Kessil A350W though dont think SPS's are getting enough light.

[attachment=67412:name]

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I might suggest that you take the bio balls out. What is in the white canister?

You might as well keep it. Nobody is going to pay big money for it. It is custom. People who want custom don't want somebody else's custom for big money - it has to be cheap, like what you go. I have a ATM 180G bowfront on my back patio with the stand - it is all scratched up. I use the chiller and skimmer elsewhere. Nobody can afford to run all of the pumps that were in it (Blueline and Iwaki, IIRC), so I sold them. The sump was for a FO tank. I think that I got it for like $300 and was one of the few who was interested - the bulkheads probably cost more than $300. The lights were FO lights. This one was not on TV or anything... just a build for a bar when I lived in KC.

SPS at depth and wide areas (large tanks) are quite a challenge to light properly - I will leave my opinions out for now, but if you want them, I can chime in.