Possible conversion to mh

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had an aquatraders 4-bulb t5 light on my tnak since I got it started up, but I want to change to something different. I am considering going with a 2x150w mh with t5 combo, but I am not sure if that is a good idea. Will evaportion be crazy? Or should I do it, as I don't really like the t5 all that much.

Or should I do a 200w led fixture? My tank is 36'' long so would that work?

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
O vote leds. Halides are awesome but your evap will be crazy i was going through almost 5g a day. Also yu will have to move all your softies down.

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol well I wish I could change the title to led.

So now my question is, with a 40 breeder. How many led panels would I need? I am think Chinese lights

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Aquastyleonline.com 72 light kit. Keep anything you want.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can burn things with LEDs as well.
Depends what you're trying to keep. For sticks, clams, and acans I would personally go with mh or t5. I'd keep clams if you could dim each channel separately. Every acan I had under LED turned bright orange, cool at first then crappy when you start paying high dollar per head.

Some guys have great luck with LEDs and sticks, check out some SCMAS tanks and see for yourself.

Sent using Forum Runner

matt.radich;170911 said:
Lol well I wish I could change the title to led.

So now my question is, with a 40 breeder. How many led panels would I need? I am think Chinese lights
One 120 watt led panel will be fine, I run 2 on my 180 and grow things just fine, no heat no bulb replacment low cost to run, I switched from T-5's to LED's and have never looked back.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

freedominco;171870 said:
One 120 watt led panel will be fine, I run 2 on my 180 and grow things just fine, no heat no bulb replacment low cost to run, I switched from T-5's to LED's and have never looked back.
well let see it on. i just need not expensive one also.

led lights

Last edited by a moderator: