radiums yellow? help a mh noob out here.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haven't seen them today as I'm at work but yesterday, day two, they were pee yellow still....Called supplier and they said to burn them in for 7 days and see. They mentioned that with new ballasts and new bulbs it could be making it appear the way it is. If its still there after 7 they will send replacements.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
how are you liking the lights? I always wondered if it would be like going from a cell phone to a telegraph so to speak. You get used to LEDs and how they make colors pop then go to the old look, I wasn't sure if it would be hard to get used to.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Stop peeing in your tank Mark!!! Or maybe one of the kids is... hmmmm

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Day three...hate it...yellow still..and skimmer went crazy (notice 75g sump full of bubbles)...I'm researching lizards...

[attachment=60903:name]

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;143419 said:
Lizards need light too. You can never escape your problems.
H8u...just sayin...

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
might consider some supplemental lighting too...VHO actinics should make you happy ...imean suince your going old school and all :)

VHO's really do make things pop better though

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Going to most likely sell my reefbrite strip and add some smaller ones.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Lizards are going to be sooo boring compared to a reef. Someone switched from LED to MH and doesnt like the MH? Call the press... I actually considered a switch too but im gonna stick this LED thing out longer. I have seen some amazing 20k MH tanks though. I hope those things burn in soon for you.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So far the corals are responding really really well. just don't like the current tint of the bulbs

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was over there the other night and holy crap was it yellow! I have never seen a 20k bulb be that yellow regardless of burn in time.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Today is my 7 day cut off that the supplier requested to allow burn in. I requested extending it thill Thursday because Charlie (haddonisreef) is being kind enough to let me snag one of his xm 20k bulbs to use as testing. Can't get to his house till Thursday so we'll have to wait and see what happens. If his bulb is nice and blue then I guess they'll be sending me three new bulbs. If his is yellow.....