RO/DI leaking

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi all,

Anyone have one of their RO/DI canisters start leaking? Haven't changed the media in a few months. Walked in to a wet floor. O rings look good but I'll change them once I get some. Seems strange that it would randomly start leaking. If it's the housing how hard is that to change? It looks like the fitting attach right to the tow canisters next to it (it's the middle of 3). Assume I have to take it all apart. Introduce new failures so probably want to swap all those fittings at the same time if I do?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
How wet was the floor? Never had mine suddenly start leaking before, although this time of year I usually get a ton of condensate dripping off the unit when it is running. This is due to the water coming in being very cold, and its coming into a warm and moderately humid room. So I often see it dripping off the unit a fair amount
That being said, if it is a fitting, most units are fairly easy to replace parts on. I usually order most of my RODI parts from Airwaterice.com

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Fittings are almost universal for RO filters so just grab the ones you need and exchange away also as Angel said may be just condensation

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
it was soaked. Steady drip. So strange but I guess it's under some pressure so.... ordered O-rings to start and go from there.

flagg37

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is strange. I’ve had mine leak from not not being tight enough/o-ring alignment/tube not in fitting all the way, but the leak was always immediately apparent.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Appear that the entire section failed. Order a replacement and I'll break it all down and rebuild.