Seth's 120g Reef...

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I just realized that the "Ornate Leopard wrasse" I have is actually a male regular leopard wrasse. So I now have a pair of leopard wrasses :D

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pulled out the mata tang and clown goby and now all my fish are a ton happier! Slowly getting the cyano problem under control. Now getting in the market for a trio of flame wrasses.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Its been a long time since I updated this.

So I have been extremely fascinated with starfish lately and have awesome luck so far. Blue Linckia was added about march 11th ballpark. Added a red feather star 2-3 weeks ago, and yesterday picked up a marble fromia star. Also was worried about my mandarin pair sitting in my fish system so I decided to move them to my 120. And added a powder blue tang (We will see how this goes).

Pic!!!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Wow that feather star is a beaut. What are you feeding it? Hope you manage to keep him happy for a long time, most of what I have seen about them online is that they are very difficult to keep long term

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I agree feather star is pretty cool. Looks good I just want to see more!

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;303936 said:
Wow that feather star is a beaut. What are you feeding it? Hope you manage to keep him happy for a long time, most of what I have seen about them online is that they are very difficult to keep long term
So for feeding it I have several things on dosing pumps, home grown blend of phyto (Nano and Iso), Fuel for amenos, Reef snow (Haven't noticed much difference with this), and about a tbs of rotifers a day.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
geez that one clam is massive

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also, working on building a new hood for it so I can put 400w halides above it. Anyone have any workhorse t5ho 4ft retro kits? I am going to shift to halide t5 and led.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have not had a real update in about 8 months.

So new wrasse added to the tank about a month ago. Added a Anapmese wrasse (China Wrasse).

Replaced my aqua medic calcium reactor with my old lifereef with new pumps.

Homed in my calcium reactor properly for the first time. Over the past 2 weeks my alk has only droped 0.4 DKH so the water changes should refresh this tiny drop.

Its been too cold to work on my new hood but all thats left is to afix the trim and hinges and handing hardware and paint it.

The new lights are going to be some Lumen Bright Larges single ended reflectors with 20k radiums and Lumenarc select-a-watt 250-400 HQI ballasts purchased from Vince at GWA. THANKS VINCE!

I am still looking for the right T5HO retro for the tank. Can't decide between 2, 4, 6, or 8 T5's to supplement.

So PICTURES!!!

Here is a picture of an anapsesse wrasse courtesy of the internet. Mine does not like to hold still.

FTS

LED blues on with photo filter

And some corals and a clam just waking up

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The tank is looking good and that wrasse is pretty sweet.

GiraffeCat

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Love the China wrasse, where did you pick it up? Gorgeous fish .

Late,
GC