Shane's I.M. SR-120g Shallow Reef Tank

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShaneOMac;325079 said:
Thanks. I love the look of the kessils and have been using them for a couple years but they drop like flies on me! I'm lucky if I get 6 months out of em.. I'm thinking of switching over to Radions.
That sucks. The reliability of Radions os great. If you want something at a lower price point, the Onyx led fixtures are what I use on my tank. Great color and growth, but best of all are backed by a 2 year free replacement warranty (they pay shipping both ways) and a prorated $75 dollar replacement for an additional 3 years after that.

^thanks for the advice man. I'm thinking iof trying out a few different low end fixtures before going to the radions.

Finally made a video of the tank. I used to make videos of my old tanks and hadn't done one in a while. Had a little fun with the Phil Collins in the background...lol. If you dig the video i'll post some similar style ones of my old tanks.

[video=youtube;xGdcaL4CvPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGdcaL4CvPE[/video]

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Geez man, you have done some serious stocking. Not wasting anytime getting that thing stocked to the brim, some really sexy colonies in there so far though

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;327444 said:
Geez man, you have done some serious stocking. Not wasting anytime getting that thing stocked to the brim, some really sexy colonies in there so far though
My thoughts exactly!

Picked up some new stuff for the tank. Just some quick cell phone shots. More pics later.

Chevron

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Geez man how did you do that so fast? Would take me forever to get that much in there not by choice. What do you do for a living and how do I get in lol.

SilverSurfer;327647 said:
Geez man how did you do that so fast? Would take me forever to get that much in there not by choice. What do you do for a living and how do I get in lol.
I run my own business in Colorado's most booming industry ;)

And I've found a lot of good vendors through the forums here that hook me up pretty good whenever I buy bulk. Coral Xpressions, AQuatic Art, ReefKoi, all excellent to deal with and take good care of me. Thats ususally the way I do it. I hate acclimating things all the time so I just save up and try to get as much as I can in one day. I know this goes against many basic reefkeeping principals but it fits my personailty description perfectly. Haha. I hate staring at an empty tank. Luckily a lot of this rock/sand I've had in my systems for over 5 years so whenever I have to start over it never really seems to skip a beat. I've moved this stuff in and out of 5 tanks in the last 2 years, lol.

For sale is my IM Sr-120. I have to move and my new land lord said I cannot have a tank this size. Asking $1500 OBO, I paid 3200 for it from Aquamart less than a year ago. Tank is in new flawless condition. Very well taken care of. This price includes the tank, stand, heaters, and about 100-120 lbs of mature live rock. You will need 2-3 able bodied men to move this thing, it is 6ft long.

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT/LIVESTOCK: I took many of the inhabitants out but there are still some coral and fish left, if anyone wants those I can give them a good deal on whats left as long as it's going into a stable healthy tank while you're setting up the 120 or whatever the case may be.
I also have a brand new ghost protein skimmer made for this tank, still in brand new box, will throw this in for $150 with the tank. Also have a neptune apex system I have been using to run the tank, I can do that for a really good deal as well. The tank is currently lit by 3x Kessil a360w's, I can do those for 350 each or $1000 for all three. Two have under 8 months use and the other about 10 months.

Brand new Ghost protein skimmer - $150
Neptune Apex sytem - $350
Kessils - $350 or 3/1000

Here are some pictures and videos from before I removed some of the livestock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGdcaL4CvPE

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll give you one of my children this is the tank I've been looking for forever. We have to be able to work something out. I'm or text me or something lol 7203649481

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I'd say find a new landlord lol, but glws. Sad to see such a beautiful tank come down, especially since you just got it set up

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a lot of the livestock and moved it into two smaller tanks at my new place already. Hopefully I can set up another big tank in a couple years! Definitely gonna miss this footprint