T5 opinions please.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
So, I am getting ready to move and my 90 gallon in wall tank won't be an in wall in the new house. Because of this I decided to sell my DIY LED fixture and get a MH
+ T5 fixture instead. I got the light today, but I am not impressed with the T5's that came with the fixture. I bought a cheap Odyssea fixture and am happy with it overall, but the T5's are not up to scratch. They were advertised as 460nm actinic bulbs, but they have a strange green hue to them, not a nice actinic color. Here is a picture of the tank with just the T5's on. The pic has not been doctored at all and was taken with my Iphone.

I am now looking to get new T5 bulbs, but don't have any idea what to get (I have never had T5's before). If those of you who have used T5's were in my shoes, what bulbs would you buy?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had geis bulbs on my tank originally. There is a local guy that goes by the grim reefer that IMHO is an expert on lighting. He posts a ton on RC, every now and then here. I ended up switching to his recommendation and could not be happier. Not sure how many bulbs that fixture takes but I am running a 6 bulb fixture with ATI blue +, ATI purple +, blue +, GE 6500K, blue +, blue +.

I have read a lot of his thread, most of which was written before Giesemann bulbs were produced. I know he is a big fan of ATI. I bought my bulbs from and to support Elite Reef....very happy.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Thank you all for your input. I guess that I will try to find the best pricing on some ATI or Giesemann in an actinic + and Blue +.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
lpsouth1978;169235 said:
Thank you all for your input. I guess that I will try to find the best pricing on some ATI or Giesemann in an actinic + and Blue +.
Aquatic art carries ati I think. I don't know pricing but they seem fair on everything else. IMO