The Dr. Has gone insane Re-build

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Uggh... it's there's a question into the structural soundness, you'll need it replaced, that's too big of a tank to question. And it's new, not like it's a used tank...

Any chance it was done during shipping, or did they send it with the defect?

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;269434 said:
Uggh... it's there's a question into the structural soundness, you'll need it replaced, that's too big of a tank to question. And it's new, not like it's a used tank...

Any chance it was done during shipping, or did they send it with the defect?
+1

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Looks like it may have been done in shipping. I can say that the delivery guy really man handled it! Also, I wasn't impressed with the packing. I e mailed cad. We'll see what they say. I'd be willing to Silicone it if they are willing to give me a warranty in writing and a good discount. It they aren't willing to do that I'll be returning it. This sucks! I love the tank! It's super sexy and the shape and size is really nice. Looks like a really big 120. Big but not too big for my house.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
asn-naso;269466 said:
Wow, nice tank, I am sorry about the chip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Thanks! Hopefully I'll have a resolution today. May need to wait for another tank:( time will tell.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So, after a couple e mails to cad they gave me what I asked for. I got a written letter saying the chip would not effect the performance or warranty of the aquarium. They also gave me a substantial discount! I do believe that they would have done whatever I asked them to do. They were very responsive. In the end I think the tank is fine, I also think they would have done a similar job in shipping another tank and I would be in the same position again. They did exactly what I asked and really didn't ask for any proof other that the pic I sent them and didn't ever question or doubt me. For whatever it's worth, The tank ended up costing less than a standard 180.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Munch;269624 said:
For future ref, were they willing to replace it or not an option?
I think they would have. I didn't actually ask but did say that I thought I wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a replacement. They agreed with that statement. I think they knew that I could have asked for that and we're really happy not to need to... But they would have if I pressed for it.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Got the tank plumed, leveled (remember that part Andrew?) hood is coming in tomorrow! Goona start the move tomorrow afternoon. The sump has most of my rock and has been running for 6 weeks and has had fish for a week. I also got Dr. Tim's 1 and only to add to the tank once I move everything. Yay!