BPreefer's 125 build

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
BPreefer's 125 build

BPreefer;253966 said:
Now I just need to figure out how to trim out above the doors. I don't like seeing the plastic around the tank
Just my opinion but, leave it. Just about anything will take away from how simple it looks.

By the way, how do you have them mounted to the frame? Hinges or magnets?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: BPreefer's 125 build

BPreefer;253966 said:
Now I just need to figure out how to trim out above the doors. I don't like seeing the plastic around the tank
See if you can get a stain to match the color of the doors. Then just do some basic square molding the height if the black trim. Shouldn't be too heavy, so you can probably just glue it on. Would still be nice and clean, but cover up the black plastic. The trick would be making it the exact thickness of the panels do the transition is smooth.

Tank is looking good.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

Dr.HarlemTutu;253973 said:
Just my opinion but, leave it. Just about anything will take away from how simple it looks.

By the way, how do you have them mounted to the frame? Hinges or magnets?
Also thought I could trim out under doors to keep it simple looking. Just used magnets on the doors.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

cdrewferd;253983 said:
See if you can get a stain to match the color of the doors. Then just do some basic square molding the height if the black trim. Shouldn't be too heavy, so you can probably just glue it on. Would still be nice and clean, but cover up the black plastic. The trick would be making it the exact thickness of the panels do the transition is smooth.

Tank is looking good.

Yea, that was my thought too about just glueing it on. I guess I'll have to spend some more time figuring this out. I might have to hit you up if I need some help with woodworking.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

You could also do the trim on the bottom and just raise the panels to the top of the plastic. Either way would look good. You have my number if you need help.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
BPreefer's 125 build

Hey Doc the countersunk magnets have a weight rating on the website.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

Dr.HarlemTutu;254010 said:
Nice. I found some like that are countersunk. How many did you use for each door? Are you happy with the strength?
I only have 4 on each door, seems to work well.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

Dr.HarlemTutu;254084 said:
Cool thanks! That's what I needed.
No problem. The recessed may be a better fit if you need the doors to be flush. I actually use a fan to vent the moisture from the stand, so the gap works great to draw fresh air.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Wow Brent that thing is killer!!!!! Super top notch my friend. Guess all that waiting was worth it :D

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

CRW Reef;254486 said:
Wow Brent that thing is killer!!!!! Super top notch my friend. Guess all that waiting was worth it :D
Thanks Chad. Congrats on the little one. Hope mom and baby are doing well.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

jahmic;254488 said:
That looks awesome, hope you're able to get some water in there soon.
Thanks Khalis, it's full and running. Just need to get sand in and lights hung.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

BPreefer;254491 said:
Thanks Khalis, it's full and running. Just need to get sand in and lights hung.
Lol I somehow missed that in your post from last week. Digging the rescape too...the varied heights makes the islands stand out a little more.