Craigars 975 gallon system

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It’s been a long time since I’ve been on. I need some advice. I’ve been in the hospital for the past 3 months and just got down to check on my tank. I have found that 3 of my 10 ai sol blues have failed not sure if it’s power supplies or what I can’t get up on the ladder to try to look at this point. Budget is tight at this point due to not being able to work but I need to look at getting some new lighting. My question is what is the hot lights on the market? Should i go to metal hailides again stick with leds? Let me know what you think. Or if you have lights(leds,metal halides or t5)/power supply’s for ai sols pm me let me know what you want for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I don’t know if it’s big enough but I have this MH T-5 combo. Only 250’s but could supplement what you have. Due to your situation it’s yours if you want it. View attachment 17744

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I don’t know if it’s big enough but I have this MH T-5 combo. Only 250’s but could supplement what you have. Due to your situation it’s yours if you want it. View attachment 17744

It’s a 72” fixture.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It’s a 72” fixture.

Thank you let me see what I can come up with I’m not sure if 250 watt will be enough for the depth of the tank what’s your thoughts? It would take a lot of real estate not sure if I could pack the leds around it tight enough

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Glad to see you around again. Had heard about your hospitalization and wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope everything is mending well?
For lights, I'd likely just add a few 250w or 400w MH mixed in with your remaining sols. 2x 400w reflectors would mix very nicely imo. That is unless you are you wanting to fully replace your lighting setup? Lots of new fancy LED lights out there, if so, but very few decent ones that are budget friendly

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad to see you around again. Had heard about your hospitalization and wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope everything is mending well?
For lights, I'd likely just add a few 250w or 400w MH mixed in with your remaining sols. 2x 400w reflectors would mix very nicely imo. That is unless you are you wanting to fully replace your lighting setup? Lots of new fancy LED lights out there, if so, but very few decent ones that are budget friendly
Thanks for the thoughts I’ve been out for 3 days hoping I can stay out it’s something that no one has ever really seen before. So they are practicing medicine on me not sure if it’s the right combo yet. Anyways I think for the spread I will need to do atleast 3 lights along with the leds I have. It’s an 8 foot long tank

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well I hope they get it figured out soon, so you can get back to some sort of normality.
For the lights, It likely would depend on the reflectors. Some large reflectors could make all the difference
Whatever you decide let us know if you need any help with any tank stuff. I'd be happy to come up there, and help you get the lights switched out, or with anything else if you need.

sadams

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member

Craigar,

I have this exact same fixture, 72" long, its your's for the taking as well if you can use it. I'm in Littleton, 470 & Wads...

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’m hoping I got this tank back on track now I lost 90 percent of everything. Here’s a cool pic of the boss of the tank

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad you stuck with it man I’m sure I could put together some frags how about Sunkist bounce and god Zilla Yuma! Lmk if your in the Johnstown area pretty sure you still have my #

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad to see you are still around in the hobby. How about a fts.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I’ll get one after the tank clears up I moved some rock/ dead corals and it stirred it all up. Not impressive right now kinda imbarasing honestly. Never had a tank look this bad. But that’s what happens when your in the hospital for 4 months

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have 5 SE MH fixtures and a bunch of 400w ballasts you can have if you want
I’ll see how this setup works I may need to add another 400 watt. But right now I have 5 ai sols and two 400 watt halides on it I may be looking for another reefbrite 400 wat halide not sure. I have 4 more sol blues that I need to order power supply’s for. I want to take the t5 off I think

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Headed down to aquatic art today picked up some beauties plus Bartlet anthias, wrasse, a mandarin a few purple fire fish, diamond goby and a bunch of cleanup crew

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I also decided I’ve had this calcium reactor sitting with pretty much everything new just never set it up. I need one more fitting to get me up and going