Drew's 120 build

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Drew's 120 build

Nice Drew tank looks great man!!!! That Red Planet looks happy, I'd say your good to go

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, it just went in on Saturday. I'll give it a week or 2 to see how the color is looking. It is only about 6-7" below the blue XHO Reef Brite though so I'm sure that helps.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
I love the "mushroom cloud" tower, cool rockwork!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks guys. Gotta play with the rocks in front a bit more. Still getting a lot of sand movement with my 6105's. Need to play with my returns a bit and go back to the dual loc-lines instead of the accelorator(sp). I have a couple dead spots that I need to take care of.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Drew's 120 build

cdrewferd;226260 said:
Thanks guys. Gotta play with the rocks in front a bit more. Still getting a lot of sand movement with my 6105's. Need to play with my returns a bit and go back to the dual loc-lines instead of the accelorator(sp). I have a couple dead spots that I need to take care of.
Are you bouncing the tunze's off the glass? Helped me a bit.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, the one on the left is bouncing off the front glass and moving the sand. Not sure how to change the aiming, but I may play with it a bit.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
cdrewferd;226399 said:
Yea, the one on the left is bouncing off the front glass and moving the sand. Not sure how to change the aiming, but I may play with it a bit.
do you have a controller? I'm using the 7095 and have mine at 30% the lowest they go. I am moving a but of sand but it slowed down after a couple of says.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm controlling them with my Apex, but not sure it's working right. When I hook them to a controller do I turn the white knob all the way up?

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Drew's 120 build

cdrewferd;226153 said:
Well, not much going on. Here are some pics though.

My current stock list is:

3 Bartlet Anthias
4 Disbar Anthias
1 Chevron Tang
1 Melanarus Wrasse
1 Yasha Goby w/ pistol shrimp friend
1 Coral Banded shrimp

Coral is very light at this point:

1 green w/ purple tip hammer
1 Red Planet frag
1 Sunny D zoa

I only have 2 Reef Brite strips over the tank. 1 50/50 tech and 1 XHO Blue. I am thinking about an XHO 50/50 to either replace the current, or just add to. I'm going to try a lot lower light than others. If it grows, awesome. If not, oh well.
Looking good man!

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Drew's 120 build

Great Build

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, so I'm thinking of a way to silence the overflow, and maybe open up the back of the tank a little. What do you guys think of taking out the 2 built in overflows and doing a coast-2-coast overflow with a bean animal drain setup? I'm thinking it would probably take me about 2 weeks once I took the tank down. The rocks would probably be fine in a trash can with a heater and power head. The fish may need more room though, so that might be an issue.

The advantages would be much better surface skimming, silent drains, and more space in the tank for aquascaping.

Downsides would be taking the tank all the way down, keeping the rock and fish alive, and actually getting everything done in 2 weeks.

I've thought about some changes to the stand, so that would be a good thing to get done at the same time.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
DOoo eeeeit! I haven't seen anyone with a coast-to-coast on here yet, unless I missed it. If you have one, post up pics! The Bean Animal setup would be sweet if it does everything you read about.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm with Ghosty in that it would be awesome to see it done.

That said, I'll cast a "no" vote. Tank looks great...as my grandpa used to say, if it ain't broken don't try to fix it (and you may stress or kill everyone). Instead I would sit back and enjoy it. You should be able to silence the overflow by adjusting valves or adding height to the durso.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ya unless you had another full blown qt or holding tank i woudlnt mess with moving the fish again. now if you were getting rid of the sand maybe :p

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the feed back guys. Getting rid of the sand is still a possibility. I can't seem to stop it from blowing all over the place.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Worked on the stand panels a bit today.

Now to figure out the magnets, get some paint on them and the stand will be done. Still need to decide how I'm gonna do the canopy. Darn sump hasn't put it's baffle in yet either.