Macro Algae Sale Thread

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My week turned to hell today (damn bosses), so I can wait if anyone else wants to jump ahead. Otherwise, I think I could maybe come on Saturday.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have new macros coming in this week so I need to trim back some more. If you purchase multiple macros I will work out a deal with you. First posts updated with whats available. I know many of you have been waiting for ochtodes. I have 1 portion available. First person to post and can pick up by this Sunday and its yours. Sorry no trades. Cash/Credit only.

Thanks

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If its big enough to split I will hook you up Andy, I like DNA samples, Kris knows that though & that may be the reason he has some for me, he was trying to cut me a monster piece of his cool pokerstar, when I showed him the tiny tip I wanted he looked at me like I was nuts, lol its doubled in size since then.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andy, with Aaron wanting a DNA sample I will have a portion of ochtodes set aside for you. What else are you culturing besides parvo and Marina? lets work out a trade (even though I said no trades haha but I want starter culture(s).

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, sounds good to me. :) I'm running Apocyclops, Parvocalanus (maybe, I think the culture is still good), rots, and O. marina.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andy I am curious. Do you think there would be a great benefit to feeding my mixed reef daily with rotifers? I feed once a week now a split of my zooplankton. I am wondering though if daily would be overkill or nutrient overload. I ask because maybe I could get a clean culture of rotis from you and on each daily split just dump the split into my tank. I am all about feeding my reef but I dont want to go overboard with DOC. I would probably be interested in the Apocyclops and Marina as well.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes I am, I've been talking to cleverbot.com. Turns out he feels empty inside kinda like he's dying, I offered to help with assisted suicide. Then he revealed that his mom is a cat, his mom is his dad, and he loves pedobear.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andy I am curious. Do you think there would be a great benefit to feeding my mixed reef daily with rotifers? I feed once a week now a split of my zooplankton. I am wondering though if daily would be overkill or nutrient overload. I ask because maybe I could get a clean culture of rotis from you and on each daily split just dump the split into my tank. I am all about feeding my reef but I dont want to go overboard with DOC. I would probably be interested in the Apocyclops and Marina as well.
Sorry to be late. Lots of other stuff at the end part of this week.

I would certainly add all the zooplankton you can to your reef. These are live animals and live animals die, but there's nowhere close to enough body mass to give you grief. And, eventually, the things in your tank that eat them will grow their populations enough that the zooplankton will be quickly converted to body mass. By weight I add far more frozen food to my tanks than zooplankton every day. I do think there's a benefit, but then I like all the little things that eat small plankton (corals+). I tend to target the plankton where I want it: Right now, most of the copepods go to a baby bangaii that I found in one tank but the rots just go into the sump right before the return pump.

That said, I would _NOT_ add the culture water when you add your zooplankton to the tank. Remove the zooplankton with a sieve and wash them into the tank and pour the culture water down the drain.