Macro Algae Sale Thread

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
New macros up for sale, original posts in this thread updated. Must pickup by Sunday otherwise what is left will be sold on RC. Here is what I have for sale:

Gracilaria mammillaris - $5 - 3-4 Portions available
Halimeda (Money Plant, large) - $5 - 1, Maybe 2 portions available
Red Bush Hayi - $5 - 3-4 Portions available
Red Fern - $10 - 1 Portion Available
Violet Dreams (RARE!) - $25 (clipping) - 1 Portion available

Last edited by a moderator:

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Updated available list

Gracilaria mammillaris - $5 - 2 Portions available
Halimeda (Money Plant, large) - $5 - 1, Maybe 2 portions available
Red Bush Hayi - $5 - 2 Portions available
Red Fern - $10 - 1 Portion Available

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got anymore of that red flames macro up for sale?

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm interested in the Gracilaria mammillaris and Red Bush Hayi if you still have some left. If you have anything else that grows at a steady pace and won't overrun the tank.

I also need to know what growing conditions are required. I want to remove my T5HOs and replace it with a single ReefBrite for the tank. I might have to get the reefbrite first and only remove a few bulbs from the T5 until I can get a second reefbrite.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Unfortunately I don't have any macros for sale right now, my last RC sale wiped me pretty clean. I usually have macros up for sale at least once a month. They don't go fast here but I post what I have on MASC before going to RC. Once they hit RC they are usually gone in a day or 2.

Red Macros in general are pretty undemanding as far as light is concerned and should be fine with just about any setup. As far as overrunning a tank, that is up to you and your system. Both macros you listed are very efficient at nutrient uptake and grow fast given the proper conditions. If you have nothing else competing for nutrients then they will grow fast. I don't find either species invasive however. Invasive to me is a algae that grows fast, forms runners and or can smother corals which neither of these do.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
When you get more of the Violet Dreams tell me i would like first dibs :)

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah my definition of invasive is "forms runners". Even fast algea can be cut back to slow the growth or contain the algea, but when it runs all over the rock and shows up in 5 different places over night then I have an issue.

My tank will just have the canister filter with filter floss, crushed coral, and Chemipure Elite. Other than the nutrients removed by the filter media and the rocks, I will have no other forms of filtration. This is why I would like to place Macro inside the tank. That and I'm going to remove the coral, so I would like to have some plant life inside the tank.

I will subscribe to this thread so I can see when you post your next batch, but I'm interested in the non invasive low light algea options specifically the Gracilaria mammillaris and Red Bush Hayi.

aaronm

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
just joined here, I live right down the street from you i believe, I would like to get on the list for the blue ochtodes and the Gracilaria mammillaris. I understand it may be a while. let me know.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
aaronlovesshel;106962 said:
just joined here, I live right down the street from you i believe, I would like to get on the list for the blue ochtodes and the Gracilaria mammillaris. I understand it may be a while. let me know.
I can probably spare a portion of each. i am available weekdays after 6pm and most weekends. Shoot me a PM when you would like to stop by.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a tang for 2 weeks and it ate all my blue ochtodes so if I can be on the list for that again please. The tang is gone now so no threat of being eaten again.

aaronm

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Kris, I have tried to contact you a couple of times; however, the automatic svc for your cell reports you are unreachable. Srry I am trying