M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
who else is in or considering joining?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hope that there is a lot. I have already started to acquire stuff. I just got a Marineland 60g cube (older), stand, sump and pump outside of Animal Attraction for $200. Bulkhead and some PVC and I am in business.

Can somebody ask Ron, when they see him, if he wants any of these tanks/setups when the contest is done? I will gladly donate mine to a school or any place that will get use out of it.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
FWIW - I was just in Aqua Imports in Boulder and their used section has tons of useful stuff. There is a 70w Halide if somebody is thinking of a smaller tank. There are a few cheap CaRx, lights and some pumps and stuff.

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
FWIW - I was just in Aqua Imports in Boulder and their used section has tons of useful stuff. There is a 70w Halide if somebody is thinking of a smaller tank. There are a few cheap CaRx, lights and some pumps and stuff.
Did you see what they were asking for the halide?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe $60 or 70? I have gotten stuff from the used pile before and they will negotiate some from what I have seen. Tomorrow is 20% off the whole store - saw a sign when I was in there. They have some 150w Halides too - even a PFO setup.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Hmm I need a new calcium reactor, any idea how much they were?

FOURSTARS

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’m considering this, finally become a member too. I live so far from Denver it’s been hard to commit. I’m pretty cheap and like the idea of of showing you don’t have to be rich to run a successful tank.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I’m considering this, finally become a member too. I live so far from Denver it’s been hard to commit. I’m pretty cheap and like the idea of of showing you don’t have to be rich to run a successful tank.
Do it! Simple can be great. It’s all about understanding the basics. All the other stuff is really just fluff. I ran some awesome tanks with live rock, halides and some water movement along with a decent skimmer back in the day. I’m really looking forward to seeing these!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What would you have in mind? I highly doubt that I would even come close to winning but I'm weighing all my options.
Hmm. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there, but I totally understand the apprehension with public speaking. We could work with you on a PowerPoint or something similar and a member of the board could present it (or even co-present it with you). Don’t let that part hold you back

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there, but I totally understand the apprehension with public speaking. We could work with you on a PowerPoint or something similar and a member of the board could present it (or even co-present it with you). Don’t let that part hold you back
I'm not counting on crossing that bridge, I don't ever win anything, but the contest seems like it would be a fun challenge. I like a little competition. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it as I've already started acquiring all the things I'm going to need. That part of it just makes me nervous.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The rules state not to start till the beginning of the contest. Can I put rock In my sump now to create some live rock?
I don't see why not. You can buy live rock to add at the start of the contest, so I see no reason why you couldn't make your own. It would probably be fair to double to cost of your dry rock that you turned live early as far as your $1000 limit is concerned to make things more fair to those purchasing live rock or cycling in tank at the start, but otherwise seems pretty reasonable to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app