My 17 gallon take 2

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Going to transfer corals over tomorrow! Can't wait for this tank to fill in. Going to order some fish too. I really like that jaguar goby!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;337127 said:
Going to transfer corals over tomorrow! Can't wait for this tank to fill in. Going to order some fish too. I really like that jaguar goby!
Seths corals r great! Looking forward to seeing ur tank w some color to it!
#living vicariously

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Jeremiah. I am looking forward to it too! I think this go around will be even better than the first!

Did you get rid of your tanks?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is a video I made before I dismantled and moved most of it to the 40, traded in the rest and started over,

http://youtu.be/uWTtQNszxYI

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;337130 said:
Thanks Jeremiah. I am looking forward to it too! I think this go around will be even better than the first!

Did you get rid of your tanks?
Moving over the mountains to glenwood spring was going to b hard enough, didn't want to complicate it with fish and corals. Will setting up again but will b a little bit - following your 40 build as I built my stand that I kept to a 40b dimensions.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;337131 said:
Here is a video I made before I dismantled and moved most of it to the 40, traded in the rest and started over,

http://youtu.be/uWTtQNszxYI
That's amazing! Really nice colors on your Zoas and acro.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Jeremiah! The corals have all been moved to the 40 and are doing pretty well. I did lose a couple things and my greenbay packers are receding for some reason. I put a few heads of them into the 17 to try to save them. I think the 40 was too clean. Been feeding a lot more lately and things are looking better. I love the 40! It's filling in nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Moved some coral and a few snails into the tank today. I have ghost fed the tank a few times, tested last night and this morning and 0 nitrites, 0 Nitrates, 0 Ammonia. Yeah! Here's a few pics. I will add some acros after a while. Zoas haven't all opened up yet but some have. I just put them in!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What kinda cloves u got there? Really liked that last pic.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;337172 said:
What kinda cloves u got there? Really liked that last pic.
Those are Clavularia Sp. Commonly known as clove polyp. There are 2 varieties. The larger has an orange stripe that I picked up at Aqua Mart. The other has a yellow stripe and I got that from Seth.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I decided to move the zoas off the tonga branch and onto the rock just below where they were. I figured if I grew acros on that rock then the zoas would be hidden. I will use the Tonga for just sticks :)

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just realized how fuzzy my iphone pics are when zoomed all the way in. I will try the GoPro next time.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, I keep trying to decide on the fish for this tank. I would like 2 maybe 3 fish. I had always had success with 2 the third fish always alluded me. Mostly they would jump out! So I am thinking of the ORA green banded goby with a pistol shrimp and the ORA Red Sea Mimic Blenny and maybe a yellow line Cardinal. Thoughts?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, I have slowly been adding corals to this tank and everything seems happy. I have been considering pulling all the coral out and making this tank an anemone tank with 2-3 clowns. I really want something different than my 40 which is a mixed reef. Thoughts?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
There's a store in Fort Worth tx that had a display tank w just clowns (30+), store was called the true percula. It was really neat, had a ton of anemones and focus was on meeting the clownfishs needs, they bred like crazy and that's why there were over 30. Always wanted to do that in a tank someday...

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Rigo07;340333 said:
What's the name of the red color coral and it looks awesome
Thanks! The coral that you are talking about is actually just an orange capricornis monti. It is no longer that bright it is way bigger now too.