Seth's 104g Rimless cube

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;331217 said:
Alright I got my sea grasses in as well as picked up 2 sea horses from great white aquatics.

Pics to come tomorrow.
Nice! Looking forward to seeing it soon.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ahh yah! pics!
Also added 2 more seahorses again from GWA and a randifordi goby that I had in my 14g biocube. The acrylic thing in the center is my seahorse feeder that will be automated soon once I get my order from Amazon. I will post some pictures of it in the next post.

Last edited by a moderator:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok here are the pictures of the seahorse feeder. I was pricing arround for companies that make these and ATB makes them but when I asked for a price it was $135 which was way overpriced IMO. So I made my own. The total cost was $22 to build it myself with all the parts cut at Fort Collins Plastics. The only part I had to make my self was the bending of the hitching post rail which only took a heat gun and some patience. And routing the food holes in the 1 1/2 " tube.
Here is a list of parts:

1x acrylic rod. Length:5 in. Diameter: 1in
4x acrylic rod length: 3/4 in. Diameter:1/4 in
1x acrylic rod length: 12.5 in Diameter: 1/4 in
1x acrylic tube. Length 3/4 in. Diameter: 3in
1x acrylic tube. Length: 18in. Diameter: 1-1/2 in (Can be different lengths depending the tank it is going in.)
1x acrylic sheet cut into a circle. Diameter: 4 in. Thickness 1/4 in
1x small bottle of acrylic glue.

Pictures:

static reef

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
sethsolomon;331337 said:
Its going to get even more complex once I get it automated :p
Automated? Can you explain how this works a little. Not seeing to much info on the web. Dont own seahorses but I am curious. Thanks seth

Jj

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So basically I will have a dosing pump with defrosted mysis in a minifridge that I am going to drill holes in to pump water in so the dosing pump can dose mysis and keep it cool. Then tank water gets pumped in to the fridge and back out into that acrylic feeder you can see in my tank. And I am just working out the details so that the mysis wont get blown out of the tube. I might drill pressure release valves so the water goes out before the mysis gets blown everywhere. I will have pictures of it later in the week.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I just picked up 2x Australian dragon face pipe fish, 2x banded pipe fish, and a red gorgonian from Great White Aquatics.