Seth's 104g Rimless cube

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I decided to swap over to my LED fixtures I had from my 60g cube build and try them for a while. We will see how it goes.

As for a update, after the treatment of flatworms, I lost my brittle star, fromia star, and my banded pipefish.

Currently battling the red cotton candy algae from over growing all my other algaes.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So Seth do you attribute the nuisance algae from over feeding phytoplankton or?

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;334870 said:
So Seth do you attribute the nuisance algae from over feeding phytoplankton or?

I stoped dosing phyto about 3 months ago. It came in from an algae order. Its as bad as GHA.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;334872 said:
There he is thought you were lost. Looks good seth sorry about your mishap

Yah that treatment DYM and JDA suggested was wayyyyy too strong. Next time it will be 1/3 of that.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well all the seahorses have been sold off and now this tank is shifting to an SPS dominated with zoas in the sand.

Now the current inhabitants are:
2 dragon face pipefish
Hector goby
Randifordi Goby
12-Line wrasse
Blue-star leopard wrasse
Hawaiian Blue Boxfish
Large Female watchman goby

I added a modded Aqua medic calcium reactor. Swapped the 400w halide bulb from the 12 month old 14k ushio over to a new 20k radium. Added a neck cleaner to my bubble magus nac 6 skimmer. Working on shifting the sump arround a bit. Currently it is a 2 chamber sump but I am going to change it to a 3 chamber triton method sump. Just have to wait for the $1 a gallon sale in a week.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Looking forward to seeing this progress. BTW, I just picked up 2 x 40 breeder tanks at the $1 per gallon sale yesterday. I still need to get a 55, but the sale is already underway, at least at Aurora Petco's.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
lpsouth1978;346360 said:
Looking forward to seeing this progress. BTW, I just picked up 2 x 40 breeder tanks at the $1 per gallon sale yesterday. I still need to get a 55, but the sale is already underway, at least at Aurora Petco's.

yup I have to wait another week here in Fort Collins. I have to buy 2x 40g breeders to redo both my tanks sumps.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice! IMO I think building your own sump is the best way to go. So much cheaper and you get exactly what you want for the most part. Plus cutting the glass is so easy it dosnt make sense to me why some people pay hundreds for custom acrylic if you ever want to change the position of a baffle your pretty much screwed.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ThunderTwonk;347246 said:
Nice! IMO I think building your own sump is the best way to go. So much cheaper and you get exactly what you want for the most part. Plus cutting the glass is so easy it dosnt make sense to me why some people pay hundreds for custom acrylic if you ever want to change the position of a baffle your pretty much screwed.

Yah I couldn't get the hang of cutting glass. broke 2 sheets and gave up. Went to lowes and had them cut it for me :p

Yah this is replacing a 2 chamber sump so I can pull my 70g DD tank off from this system.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You running T12?

did you find bulbs? I just sent my ice cap ballasts and end caps back to the vendor because I've been waiting on bulbs from UVL sinse January. Tired of waiting so I'm just going to settle for T5.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Walter White;348937 said:
You running T12?

did you find bulbs? I just sent my ice cap ballasts and end caps back to the vendor because I've been waiting on bulbs from UVL sinse January. Tired of waiting so I'm just going to settle for T5.
Two t5 and 2 reefbrite seem to be similar to two VHO. I'm running blue led with blue plus t5. Looks a lot like the old VHO actinic.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Walter White;348937 said:
You running T12?

Vince had some hiding in his store room . And I have some on order.