Macro Algae Sale Thread

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Odd, been getting phone calls all week with no issues. I will be home tonight from 7-10pm if you want to come by around then...shoot me a PM and lmk.

aaronm

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
thnks Kris for your kindness tonight and your patience this week. Best of luck to you!

aaron

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Time to trim the bushes! I have the following macro's available:

Red Bush Hayi - $5 per portion (3 available)

Gracilaria mammillaris - $5 - (3 available)

Red Fern - $10 - (3 available)

Halimeda (Money Plant, large) - $5 -
(3 available)

Violet Dreams (RARE!) - $25 (clipping) (3 available)

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
IME- Nothing is going to grow fast enough for a tang in our small systems, you would need at least 300+ gallons worth of reef.

Wicked - I agree. My intent is to grow out in a sump and then give the trimmings to the tangs. They're way too piggy to expect them to eat with moderation! I'm just looking for an algae that has a good likelihood of them liking....

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tangs will probably not eat either to be honest. Both the hayi and mammillaris are lightly calcified algae's. I do have Red gracilaria in my fuge which I could break you off some for $5. Most online vendors list it as "tang heaven".

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where did you get most of your macros? Havn't really seen anyone selling it except liveaquaria...but i also havn't been looking for it either. Maybe time to look and see whats out there...I might be surprised and see something i like. The red ones you have look cool. Might have to hit you up to get some small peices for the pico.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heffe01;113851 said:
Where did you get most of your macros? Havn't really seen anyone selling it except liveaquaria...but i also havn't been looking for it either. Maybe time to look and see whats out there...I might be surprised and see something i like. The red ones you have look cool. Might have to hit you up to get some small peices for the pico.
your not really going to try and put algae in a pico are you? ...that would just be cruel you need at least 10g ...lmao

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
AlvaroTorres2641;121910 said:
Hello. Do you still have the Red Bush Hayi and the Gracilaria Mammillaris? I also liked the Blue Ochtodes when will you have more for sale?
I have the Red Bush Hayi and Gracilaria Mammillaris, no Ochtodes, sorry. If you local then price is in the thread, if you live outside Colorado then its $5 more per macro plus shipping. Thanks

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
hey chris whats it mean when the dragons breathe turns white? ...can it bleach or is it lack of nutrients?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;122096 said:
hey chris whats it mean when the dragons breathe turns white? ...can it bleach or is it lack of nutrients?
Turning white means the plant is dying/dead. It could be a couple of things, lack of nutrients or lack of light. Halymenia (dragons breathe) has never done well in my system and I have plenty of nutrients and light.