PAR METER - Rental Program

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I've got the par meter with me at my house and I am just 7 mins from Aquatic Art, Keys Island and Stone Aquatics in highlands ranch. Let me know if you want to come by Saturday

zinovate

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was next but have been tied up. Jeremiah can step in front of me. I would like to stay on the list

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds good, is it still at Chads? I work about 5 minutes from his house and can pick up pretty much any day after work.

I'd have it back by the next day or the day after that...Chad let me know when is a good time for you.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll wait my turn, but if he's going to be slow I could literally pick it up tonight probably not leaving work till 7pm and do my testing and return it to chad tomorrow night.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Jeremiah you can come get it from me tomorrow night for sure. Long as I have it back by Sunday morning, I will bring it with me to the Gonzo meeting for whom ever is next in line.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fyi your in box full. Sent you a text but in case you changed phone numbers. I need your address again and what time you want me to come over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for letting me jump ahead.....put me back on end of list, gotta change up light on the frag tank. So will want to test it again in a few weeks or longer if it takes time to get ack to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well the frag tank was at an amazing 35 par with just the blues so got it to around 80 with whites then lowered light to get it around 120.

need to get a second light because I don't want to lower it more....one of those cheep Chinese LEDs since that is next question.

may try and just do one higher power Evo.

my main tank had 575 at the top and really poor spread so raised it up so that the edges went from around 75 to over 100. Middle sand bed also was around 100 and with raising it increased that with over lapping of lights to around 150

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
What is the par meter and what does it measure?

zinovate

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Photosynethically Active Radiation (PAR)*meters*measure light intensity within the spectrum that plants and corals use most to photosynthesize (excluding UV light) from 400 to 700 nanometers, which covers both the blue and red spectra of light.
It basically measures the true performance of your light.